City v Saints post match

Forster was booked after the 90th minute was up for something he had been doing since the tenth minute. Timewasting is a mandatory yellow card but refs just allow it go on, and on, and on until around the 87th minute we get the token gesture. Instead of farting about with the laws of the game that allows kick offs to be kicked backwards now, we should stipulate that a goalkeeper has a specified MAXIMUM time to put the ball in play or it reverts to a corner for the attacking side. 'Tis the only thing I can think of that will get goalkeeping sluggards to get their arses in gear. I can just imagine a beleaguered centre back having a sympathetic word for a goalie when he has to traipse back twenty yards into his own goal area to defend another corner. Same goes for throw ins! But not penalties!!!
Great idea. Not sure about max time though. Perhaps a warning from ref that next slow mo will be penalised by a corner. Same for throw in's. Not sure how you deal with another growing trend i.e. going down in the box under pretence of a head injury in a bid to stop game and waste time.

Since we lost the game to Spurs are performances have got steadily worse. The 1st half performance was the worst in a long time, I can't remember a performance that bad under MP. The only good thing to come out of yesterday's game, is that the 2nd half performance was 100% better than what went on in the 1st half. What's that now no wins in 5 games, that's not an ideal run with Barcalona coming next Tues. The next 2games have got to be won.

Great idea. Not sure about max time though. Perhaps a warning from ref that next slow mo will be penalised by a corner. Same for throw in's. Not sure how you deal with another growing trend i.e. going down in the box under pretence of a head injury in a bid to stop game and waste time.
Goal kicks - 15 seconds
Throw ins - 10 seconds
Both from the time the goalie/player has the ball in their control. If over the time, it becomes a corner/throw in to the opposition.
Either that, or as I said earlier, the clock starts when the ball is kicked/thrown.

I thought the Laws say that if you were "injured", you should be treated OFF the pitch. Again, if the clock is stopped, it's irrelevant how much time is taken. The clock only restarts when the referee blows his whistle for the game to continue.

What could possibly go wrong?

;-)

You're over complicating it. If the goalie is deliberately wasting time it's a warning, next time he does it it's a booking. If he does it again it's a sending off. If Clattenburg does that in the first half there would have been no problems. Frankly, booking him in the 90th minute was an insult and just shows he wasn't applying the laws for the other 90 minutes.

For interest those criticising the ref yesterday .the referee accesser was or very own Richard jobson and his comment was clattenburg did alright,which is probably fair enough

I thought the performance was alright. I can take a mistake from Stones but not even looking at Kompany as he passed it was unacceptable. Hopefully Pep gives him a kick up the arse and removes this nonchalant behaviour from his game. If Kolarov had done that we'd have ripped him to shreds. Speaking of which, I think Kolarov had a pretty solid game, Navas at right-back might be an option should we need it, Vincent escaped injury-free and our three youngsters up front all did well. In that second half I was sat right up close to where Sterling spent a lot of the game and I think he put in a mature performance. Aguero and De Bruyne need a few games off to get their shit together as both are ineffective right now. The point of having Iheanacho is that he can come in when Aguero's not in-form and I think Kelechi should definitely start on Wednesday. Southampton's time-wasting was much too much and out of order and more should be done to combat it in the PL.

Some of Pep's substitutions are great but some are completely baffling. We needed a goal so why was Nolito left on the sidelines until it was far too late?

This winless run needs to end- lucky we have a nice easy game next. On that note we still haven't had any of the newly promoted teams from which we really should be getting at least fifteen points across the season.

Since we lost the game to Spurs are performances have got steadily worse. The 1st half performance was the worst in a long time, I can't remember a performance that bad under MP. The only good thing to come out of yesterday's game, is that the 2nd half performance was 100% better than what went on in the 1st half. What's that now no wins in 5 games, that's not an ideal run with Barcalona coming next Tues. The next 2games have got to be won.

So you think we were worse against Everton than Spurs?

Not true - we played very well against Everton and would have won comfortably but for the penalties and Steckelenburg having a career day he prob will never repeat. We also were very competitive against Barca until Bravo's fuck-up. Sometimes you get a run of games where the ball just wont go in the net. Things ran for us the first ten games. Now they are not. Luck in general (unlike ref decisions) does even out in the long run.

We do what Rugby Union do. Treat 'em on the pitch and play round 'em! Once that became a law then the 'head injuries' would vanish within a couple of games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.