City V Shakhtar (UEFA Youth League)

very interesting game which we should have won much easier. The 3.2.4.1 formation sort of worked well but we were solely relying on Garre and Matondo to provide width as there were no full backs to help them. Garre hasnt set the world alight yet but he does seem to be improving game by game.Sadly he isn't really a winger and though he does have skills they are not natural winger skills and he rarely gets past his man to get crosses over.

I couldn't help wondering what Sancho would have done if he had had the same amount of ball as Garre!

Davenport and Smith did well sitting in midfield with Smith probably shading it as MotM even if quite a few of his passes did get cut out. The back 3 were good and I like the look of Garcia. Very composed in everything he did although I do wonder if he lacks a little pace. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Grimshaw made one crucial save at 2.1 and overall had a good game and once again showed his composure with his feet when under some pressure. Diaz had another of his nearly games. Always a threat, chances either saved or just wide. No doubt a game is coming where he will score 2 or 3.

Anyone know of any bars in Piccadilly area who will be showing the U19 game v Napoli on Tuesday. Its on btsport i think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.