City v Spurs post match

Not just me then! I had a stolen car crash through my back fence and land in my garden driven by a 13 year at 11.45PM Saturday night , had to deal with the police in a drunken haze after watching City get robbed by the referee!

It was an old 08 fiesta by the way mate!

Ha ha...police told me I'd have to go and collect mine if they ever discovered it.

I asked what I'd do if they found it on the Langworthy in Salford or in Afghanistan. They said they don't go on the Langworthy. Afghanistan it is then !!

YCNMIU.

On the back of Saturday's abject defensive performance as well as the other multiple substandard displays Clichy just has to go.
God I wish we'd bought Alonso from Fiorentina! What a difference a player like that would have made this season...

Good article in The Irish Times, which lauds Guardiola's brave approach to the game:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...ed-in-long-run-1.2946986#.WIXlKrecA_I.twitter

The only impartial, balanced coverage of the club these days tends to come from newspapers outside this country. A sad state of affairs.

True. Excellent writing.

I like this line: "As so often, Guardiola sounded as though he thought of himself as a missionary spreading the light of civilisation to a dark and distant land, unable to hide his horror at the depths of mindless savagery across which he has stumbled."

Listening to 5Live. Chris Foy just said Marriner struggled to get in position to see the Sterling penalty incident, and the assistants view was obstructed. So, He didn't see it? I fully expect a retrospective for Walker....... No?

Listening to 5Live. Chris Foy just said Marriner struggled to get in position to see the Sterling penalty incident, and the assistants view was obstructed. So, He didn't see it? I fully expect a retrospective for Walker....... No?
The assistant's view was obstructed?! By who? Sterling was clean through. He was behind play by a few yards, but there was no other player between him and Walker.

Marriner struggled to get into position. I mean, it's the main part of his job to watch the play. There is really no excuse for his poor performance. And if you look at the other gathered information about him, he is appearing to have a very strong bias against us. He has managed so far to hide this behind a facade of incompetence though.

There was the carding of Aguero but letting Son off for exactly the same. And the four penalty shouts against Leicester. On one of them, their defender impedes Toure (I think) to the ground and he is looking straight at it. Then nearby one player from each team ends up on the floor in what looks like another foul by them. He sees the Leicester player on the floor, then points to that incident and awards them the free kick.

We had three penalty shouts against Spurs. So that's at least seven in two games he's refereed. Ok, some might fall into the 'I've seen them given' category, but no way all seven. He's right up there with Mason and Taylor in my view. I wonder who he supported when he was a kid.

The assistant's view was obstructed?! By who? Sterling was clean through. He was behind play by a few yards, but there was no other player between him and Walker.

Marriner struggled to get into position. I mean, it's the main part of his job to watch the play. There is really no excuse for his poor performance. And if you look at the other gathered information about him, he is appearing to have a very strong bias against us. He has managed so far to hide this behind a facade of incompetence though.

There was the carding of Aguero but letting Son off for exactly the same. And the four penalty shouts against Leicester. On one of them, their defender impedes Toure (I think) to the ground and he is looking straight at it. Then nearby one player from each team ends up on the floor in what looks like another foul by them. He sees the Leicester player on the floor, then points to that incident and awards them the free kick.

We had three penalty shouts against Spurs. So that's at least seven in two games he's refereed. Ok, some might fall into the 'I've seen them given' category, but no way all seven. He's right up there with Mason and Taylor in my view. I wonder who he supported when he was a kid.

I can't believe more hasn't been mentioned of Wanyama wrestling Sterling to the ground.
That was a definate penalty, no matter what the commentator said about Sterling putting his arm across Wanyama.
Yes he was try to keep his balance and escape his fucking bear hug.

I think in all honesty, this was just the PGMOL closing ranks. Foy also said (with the benefit of a replay) it should have been a penalty. But as you say, it was the sheer inconsistency throughout the match. Utterly incompetent at best; downright corrupt at worst.

I can't believe more hasn't been mentioned of Wanyama wrestling Sterling to the ground.
That was a definate penalty, no matter what the commentator said about Sterling putting his arm across Wanyama.
Yes he was try to keep his balance and escape his fucking bear hug.
I mentioned it and social media'd it as well asking "what was the difference between Wanyamas foul on Sterling, which was ignored, compared to the same foul on Shane Long in the Southampton match?" But I may as well have been pissing into the wind. I also came across crap tweets about Sterling being offside before the push (Saggers and Georgie Bingham to name 2) and some shite manipulated picture (which was also on a Bluemoon thread as well) showing Raz offside but no ball in sight so I rewound the game and posted a proper timed picture to remove any doubt. He was clearly onside, in fact even Kun looked on. I'm still fuming

We should have won both home games v Chelsea and Spurs,Chelsea should have been down to 10 men and also the KDB open goal,Spurs also only 10 men and a penalty,extra 5pts plus 3 off the Chelsea total meaning City in second spot just 4pts from Chelsea.ps this should be in the Referees thread.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.