City V Spurs : Tickets still left!

jrb

We all love Pep. We all love the way City are playing this season. As many of you have stated, it's probably the best football ever played at City. And I'm 100% sure every City fan would love to watch City play at the Etihad. Yet they are being denied that opportunity by expensive and over priced match tickets.

I have just gone on the OS ticket page to look at away ticket information, and to my amazement there are still tickets left for the Spurs game.(I can buy 6 tickets!) We're top of the league, 11 points clear, with 15 straight wins, playing probably the best football in the World at times, and there are still seats for sale for the Spurs match. So, I clicked on to the highlighted blocks. The remaining seats in the red blocks are £58 each. The remaining seats in blocks 223 and 207 are £65 each!

Come on City, for crying out loud. You can't seriously think or accept that our (working class) fan base can afford to or will pay those kind of ticket prices, even for a game like Spurs. What's more important, a full stadium that's supporting the team, extra revenue from merchandise, drink and food sales, or a few extra £ per match via over priced match tickets? If priced correctly, even between £50-£40 max per ticket, this fixture would have sold out day's ago, if no Weeks ago.

Trying to play Devils Advocate. I appreciate your jobs are to drive revenue at the club, but you also have a duty to give every City fan the opportunity to watch Pep's team via affordable match tickets. Every empty seat means a City fan is missing that opportunity.(bar missing season ticket holders, if true?)

image.jpg

Last edited:
We all love Pep. We all love the way City are playing this season. As many of you have stated, it's probably the best football ever played at City. And I'm 100% sure every City would love to watch City play at the Etihad. Yet they are being denied that opportunity by expensive and over priced match tickets.

I have just gone on the OS ticket page to look at away ticket information, and to my amazement there are still tickets left for the Spurs game.(I can buy 6 tickets!) We're top of the league, 11 points clear, with 15 straight wins, playing probably the best football in the World at times, and there are still seats for sale for the Spurs match. So, I clicked on to the highlighted blocks. The remaining seats in the red blocks are £58 each. The remaining seats in blocks 223 and 207 are £65 each!

Come on City, for crying out loud. You can't seriously think or accept that our (working class) fan base can afford to or will pay those kind of ticket prices, even for a game like Spurs. What's more important, a full stadium that's supporting the team, extra revenue from merchandise, drink and food sales or a few extra £ per match via over prices match tickets? If priced correctly, even between £50-£40 max per ticket, this fixture would have sold out day's ago, if no Weeks ago.

Trying to play Devils Advocate. I appreciate your jobs are to drive revenue at the club, accpted, but you also have a duty to give every City fan the opportunity to watch Pep's team via affordable match tickets. Every empty seat means a City fan is missing that opportunity.(bar missing season ticket holders, if true?)

image.jpg
Game has been shown as sold out a few times any tickets are s/c resales. You may be able to buy 6 tickets but you won't find 6 together lucky if you find many 2s together.
A lot harder to find matchday tickets for a few sat together this season ,for many home games remaining especially towards the end of the season.

Game has been shown as sold out a few times any tickets are s/c resales. You may be able to buy 6 tickets but you won't find 6 together lucky if you find many 2s together.
A lot harder to find matchday tickets for a few sat together this season ,for many home games remaining especially towards the end of the season.

Point taken.

Resales?

The other 2 names on my ticket list, friends, have also been offered 6 tickets. That's 18 resale tickets? Seems to be a lot not bothering from that? The ticket price issue still stands, as has been discussed on here before.

Point taken.

Resales?

The other 2 names on my ticket list, friends, have also been offered 6 tickets. That's 18 resale tickets? Seems to be a lot not bothering from that? The ticket price issue still stands, as has been discussed on here before.
You're entitled to 18 tickets, have a look you won't find 18 tickets, because you're entitled doesn't mean that that's whats available we are all entitled to buy 6 but there aren't 1000s to buy. Price is another argument, but matchday tickets are a lot harder to come by this season and price isn't stopping sales. The available tickets for quite a few games are season ticket seats on resale.

I was unsure if I could make it not untill a couple of weeks ago, I started looking when I knew I could go, although there were a few blocks showing availability, seats were not showing, but finally yesterday I got one, it is a sell out, happy days.

It happens a few days before every game: it's returns ie tickets previously bought where someone has asked for a refund. You can tell because they are usually single seats scattered all around the ground, they all come for sale at once, and then they usually vanish quickly.

I have just taken a look at several of the red blocks shown on the planner and every seat has been sold...there are no seats showing as available. Clearly the match is basically a sellout (maybe some s/c re-sales) so I don't understand why the OP is going on about all these tickets supposedly not sold. With regard to the point about ticket prices that is a completely separate debate.

I have just taken a look at several of the red blocks shown on the planner and every seat has been sold...there are no seats showing as available. Clearly the match is basically a sellout (maybe some s/c re-sales) so I don't understand why the OP is going on about all these tickets supposedly not sold. With regard to the point about ticket prices that is a completely separate debate.

Its even worse than that in that even the amber blocks show no seats available, its a bit odd , was similar for Arsenal game it was sold out then i noticed back on sale, tried to buy one for my son and went through about 15/20 red blocks not 1 ticket available eventually i managed to get one in 329.

We all love Pep. We all love the way City are playing this season. As many of you have stated, it's probably the best football ever played at City. And I'm 100% sure every City fan would love to watch City play at the Etihad. Yet they are being denied that opportunity by expensive and over priced match tickets.

Come on City, for crying out loud. You can't seriously think or accept that our (working class) fan base can afford to or will pay those kind of ticket prices, even for a game like Spurs. What's more important, a full stadium that's supporting the team, extra revenue from merchandise, drink and food sales, or a few extra £ per match via over priced match tickets? If priced correctly, even between £50-£40 max per ticket, this fixture would have sold out day's ago, if no Weeks ago.

Trying to play Devils Advocate. I appreciate your jobs are to drive revenue at the club, but you also have a duty to give every City fan the opportunity to watch Pep's team via affordable match tickets. Every empty seat means a City fan is missing that opportunity.(bar missing season ticket holders, if true?)

image.jpg

Well said. I know a lot of people who'd love to go, but when their wages are going down and ticket prices are going up, it's difficult for them to justify.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.