City v Stoke (Semi-final FA Youth cup 2nd leg)

So yet again a final against Chelsea beckons. Another club renowned for giving homegrown talent a chance!

So yet again a final against Chelsea beckons. Another club renowned for giving homegrown talent a chance!

Where do I start.
I`ll be polite.
You have no idea about our academy, we had taken our eye off the ball, then around 5 years ago we had a overhaul. The first of this special group are now starting coming through, all round about the age of 17 years or younger. some were acquired from other clubs at a young age like 16 year old Jadon Sancho and 17 year old Diaz. Some are city trained like 16 year old Phil Foden and 15 year old Tommy Doyle.

I dont like naming names but Brandon Barker and the like werent even close to the ability these kids are showing. Nothing in life is certain and predicting future footballing talent is full of pitfalls but at this age we as a club have never had such potential talent.

Change the record Frank,i'm sure you dont wish to be labelled a Troll,or worse....;-)

Regarding the game,ive finally had chance to watch it.

I thought we were collectively superb,from the Keeper,who looks very commanding,assured and confident,through to Nmecha,who was powerful and clinical.
A special mention to a few names who dont always get the plaudits in this incredibly talented group.......i thought Bolton was MOTM,he was everywhere,being brilliantly industrious and creative while showing defensive ability in equal measure.Smith was a collosus in midfield,breaking play and keeping the ball moving - a perfect compliment to our more technical types.Duhaney was also superb at fullback,defending brilliantly while also being a very effective attacking threat.

All in all,a brilliant team performance where,individually,each played their part superbly - huge credit to Carsley for his role in that.

A quick question, who would you have promoted to the first team that we haven't ?

Barker, Byrne, Bryan, Fofana, Ntcham, Lopes, Angelino, Maffeo, A Garcia, Roberts, & several others even going back to & including Devante Cole should all have had more first team minutes in the seasons before this one.

Irrespective of whether they end up 'making it' or not. That is irrelevant. It's whether they could have been used to bolster the squad & even surprise the opposition/lift the crowd & give a boost to what was, for significant periods, an unispired, flat, team & sometimes a player breaks through because of it.

All of them had periods where they were in great form & should have been promoted & given a run out. Hardly any were. The few who were used, some didn't even deserve it & were behind those lot in performance.

There is no excuse for it.

Hopefully we now have a proper manager who won't leave this lot to rot.

I have seen a recording of this now & I thought we were excellent.

I don't know how many will get through, but the four, Sancho, Diaz, Foden & Matt Smith, look a level above the rest imo, plus Davenport if he gets back on it.

Foden can be Silva in the future. I hope we start using them soon & keep them inspired.

I have seen a recording of this now & I thought we were excellent.

I don't know how many will get through, but the four, Sancho, Diaz, Foden & Matt Smith, look a level above the rest imo, plus Davenport if he gets back on it.

Foden can be Silva in the future. I hope we start using them soon & keep them inspired.

well Pep puts out the motivation in the interview, and they step up, good tactic really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.