City v Stoke (Semi-final FA Youth cup 2nd leg)

Not a great performance, but it didn't need to be. Solid and competent. Been a very tough year for Davenport. Injuries left right and centre and when he's been fit he's been played at LB, which he clearly isn't.
Actually a broader point here, citys academy is well stocked in every position except left back. Even Duhaney has had to play left back because of this. Also considering maffeo is more of a prospect than angelino then this problem gets bigger

Actually a broader point here, citys academy is well stocked in every position except left back. Even Duhaney has had to play left back because of this. Also considering maffeo is more of a prospect than angelino then this problem gets bigger

Duhaney's not been there this season, mainly last year, but yeah, we've had some problems there. Tyreke Wilson is this year's u18s left back and he looks quite good. Just had a long time out injured but he's back now and will most likely start in the final.

Given the paucity there we've had u16s RB Frimpong playing there for 18s league games and he's done very well to be fair to him. Next year Ryan Corrigan will be coming up and he's some player. Proper powerhouse of a LB so I suspect City will have high hopes for him. The older ones like Ash Smith-Brown and Angelino are out and looking unlikely to return now admittedly. Sarmiento too has been injured a lot for the EDS.

We *have* got LBs then, just had a fair bit of bad luck plus some that maybe aren't quite good enough.

I know they are 3 years younger.That is why they are not at the same level.sO said that we should try and get the best of the current on loan players in and then the best of the curren my youths can follow on 2-3 years. That means well get the best of everyone. By the way that was less than an average performance

Hello all. Chelsea fan.

Seeing your lads again tonight, it looks likely to be another good encounter in the final.

I read the comment about an apparent age difference between the City & Chelsea sides a couple of weeks ago in this thread, so I checked. I compared the the two first-leg line ups and found that City's average age in the home game with Stoke was 26 days younger than Chelsea's average age in the away leg against Spurs. (17.72 years vs 17.79 years as at today.)

There is a difference but maybe it's not a particularly significant one.

I'm sure the age difference comments were in relation to the EDS game we won 4-3, our average age was definitely a lot younger then as we had a few 17 year olds and a 16 year old playing, and you had the likes of Musonda and Todd Kane playing

Didn't hear too much about Ed Francis but his pass for the first goal was sublime. In fact he does that pretty regularly, if he develops physically, he will be exactly the player Pep wants. I'm honestly not too impressed by Stones, his passing isn't as great as some people make it out to be.

rosler-bomb-old-trafford-650x435.png
Imagine the fucking social media outrage if Uwe was a current player and pictured wearing that top.

It's a shame they don't do a range of retro t-shirts ......My original has long gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.