City v Utd post match

Best ref performance I've seen so far this season. Could be argued we could have had a penalty and a couple of free kicks their way, but overall, very good.

Some perspective on last night. From the very first minute they were looking for a draw. Time wasting at every opportunity and their game plan was let's hoof it long no matter what. If Sunderland had done that with their limited squad everyone would have said well done little old Sunderland. But this was the most expensively assembled squad ever if I recall correctly. It was an embarrassment by them end of. We battered them all over the park and no natter what level you play at if a team comes and sits on their 18 yard line playing a 5 5 0 it's difficult to find a way through. Even from their corners they kept three defenders back who were marking nobody as we had all 11 in the box. They can spout about their injuries although I am not sure those players would gave improved them but we also had players out. They were complete and utter shite and the fact they were celebrating as if they had just won the league tells you everything. The future is definitely blue
Agreed. What's hilarious though is many rags are saying they are "proud" of their performance! How the tables have turned. They have the mentality of a bottom half club and it's now permeating into their fans. Proud of that shite!? They're an embarrassment.

All being well they will get no more than 3 points from those three games.

Assuming they win the other two it leaves us with 8 points from the last 5 games to finish above them again on goal difference (LOL).
73 points means Arsenal getting 14 points from their last 6 games to finish above us a tall order.
We should be aiming and getting 15 mind you but no doubt more twists and turns.
Weren't we also banking on them not beating Chelsea?

Yes they were shit. In fact they were the worst Utd team I think I've watched. But we were at home and if we are honest troubled de gea very little. That was 2 points dropped imo. Pep chang d it too late. Im struggling to see any innovation in the way he sets us up or tries to win a game. we looked toothless. After aguero went off Sunday along with silva you knew we wouldn't win. Last night we just didn't look like winning. No silva meant no guile. Yaya and kompany were excellent, aguero worked hard and ottamendi played well but kdb, sane, sterling offered nothing again. They have to step up imo.

missed a big chance last night to move away from them and arsenal and go above the dippers with a game still in hand! effort was there and we created our usual shed load of chances but missed them again! I thought pep mentioning our ageing fullbacks was extremely telling last night. my only issue was he brought gab on 10 minutes too late!

United have only lost three league games all season. They're clearly a difficult team to beat, particularly when they make little attempt to win the game as was the case tonight. We should've won, but it's hardly a catastrophe that we only drew.

Agreed and if we consider how many shots we had and this time many on target they rode their luck. Normally teams rely on our inability to hit the target when they concede possession.

I know we should have scored with some of our shots but it is a step in the right direction when Aguero has so many shots on target.

Firstly, that was a refereeing masterclass for a big game. Didn't blow for every chippy little thing, but never left anyone in any doubt he was ready to make a call. Jesus yellow was a bit soft, but it is a stupid move. Was Johnny on the spot for the headbutt and didn't mess around. If that had been anyone else, he would get an extra game for not leaving the pitch. We'll see...

Secondly, that is the worst Man U team performance from a supposed "Manchester United" team in living memory. Fergie must be rolling in his grave! (His United is clearly dead!) They had two chances all game...Bravo handed them one and Sané handed them the other. Beyond that, nothing!

Thirdly, Pep needs to find the locksmith that will help him unlock 10 man defences. He doesn't seem to realize that it is a big center forward, so that you can knock balls in and feed off the second ball or create more direct chances. At the moment, it is only about dribbling your way inside and across the edge of the box into traffic, or getting around the outside and sending one in. We got neither today, with the exception of Agüero hitting the post and Jesus offside "goal." Kolarov was unlucky with his fizzer to the backpost and Agüero might have done better with KDB's ridiculous far post cross. 70% possession and four decent to half way decent chances is not enough. Watch the old United, who seemed to never be beaten even when they were down a goal with only Fergie time to play. Get the ball, pump it wide, swing it in to the big man. If he didn't get on the end of it, there were at least 5 reds in a semi-circle around the box waiting to either put it back in with a shot or pass, or pump it wide again. The pressure was relentless for the last 10 minutes. Last night, with 2-3 minutes to play, both of our staring wingers were on the bench, Navas (a player who is literally famous for not being able to get a cross in, or find anyone when he does get one past the full back) is on and we are playing square 40 yards out. Mourinho must have laughed his arse off, and Fergie probably thought his watch was fast and that we were still in the 60th minute build up mode!!!

For me, the lack of "cutting edge" is both a forward line that is less than deadly (although tbf Agüero's goal stats are ridiculously good, it is his ratio of chances to goals that is dire) and the inability to use the counterattack because of the opposition's defensiveness. It was mentioned above that even from their own corners, they left three players back with no City players outside the 18 yard box. That is respect, but it also nullifies one half of the attacking threat.

Pep needs to poach a 6'+ center forward from somewhere. Is It time to bring Unal back and regularly put him on the bench for such eventualities, or do we need someone with some experience? If Swansea go down, is Llorente worth a punt? We need someone, almost anyone, with some height, because at Wembley we ended up putting Kompany up there in ET.

The bad part is that every team knows how to frustrate us and we seem incapable of breaking that down at present. The good thing is everyone can see it, so Pep has to be working on both the personnel and tactics to beat it. In Sterling and Sané, he has two young wingers that could really flourish with a focal point striker, and I think Sergio and Jesus and even Kelechi would greatly benefit from playing with that kind of player, who gives them something to feed on.

The future is Blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.