City v West Brom post match

Really good performance last night. The front four interchanged brilliantly at times, those West Brom players looked completely swamped.

Thought Sergio was brilliant, his link up and movement was sublime. Great to see Zaba get such a good send-off too.

The best part of the game for me was that the forward 5 or 6 were playing so fluidly and with significant interchange. This is the Pep way, and why he needs players who are technically proficient enough to play in more than one position, and who can understand the requirements and responsibilities of those other positions. It was good to see Sergio out wide and Sané tucking in, with Jesus taking in around the back. Throw in KDB, Silva and Yaya pulling strings to slide balls through, break through the lines, or pop one over the top, and it appears we have figured out the two or three ways needed to get through 10 man defences.

The other thing that was excellent to see was the intensity to get the ball back before the opposition could organize a counter attack or even advance into our half of the field. It was literally exciting to see the front three harrying and fighting back to win the ball after losing it or West Brom trying to get forward into midfield. Full team defending was outstanding, and made the job of keeping WBA penned in their own half for most of the game far far easier.

spot on chicago. spot on. we played some wonderful stuff at times and the pressure and desire on wba too get the ball back quickly was fantastic and wba just couldnt cope with it.
and farewell to Zaba. A great send off for a great man. Goodbye Zaba. Legend.

I thought we played some quality football at times and should have scored a few more against the Midlands version of the rags ( park the bus, waste time,and niggly fouls).

Kun and Gabby linked up very well and it's so good to have a leader like Vinny back and looking like he might have overcome his injury nightmare ( touch wood )

Fantastic send off for Zabba who always gave everything to the team and even if he wasn't at his best in some games his commitment was never in doubt.

Thank you for the memories Zabba you are the fucking man....a legend who should be in the hall of legends instead of Quinn.

Solid performance. Hardly gave them a sniff. It wasn't after we were 3 up and Kompany gave Zaba the armband to make things even more emotional. From than on it was all about Zaba and the performance took a step back. Purely these circumstances that made us conceed.

Aguero might have seen daylight within Peps' demands and if he has, nobody need to mention Aguero going somewhere else ever again. Jesus playing from wide must have relished the space. The interchanging already looks spectacular and will only get better.
KdB seemed back to his direct play and driving foreword. As for Kompany, if only he had stayed fit all season. Also good to seep Kolarov back to give us more options when having the ball. And we often do have the ball.

Can't imagine not seeing Zaba in another home game. Or in another Citymatch for that matter. Fckin Man!

Great game! I thought everyone played well apart from Zaba when he came on haha. I think the nerves got to him and what an emotional way to end the game.

Quality send off for a man who has served us so well.

the fans that pay hard earned money to watch Pulis sides are the one's i feel sorry for, wow first dead ball kick wasting time but when put minds to and 2 goals down they played better football just strange manager, owners might pull the trigger safe every year but awful to watch

the fans that pay hard earned money to watch Pulis sides are the one's i feel sorry for, wow first dead ball kick wasting time but when put minds to and 2 goals down they played better football just strange manager, owners might pull the trigger safe every year but awful to watch

He is full of "Pragmatism" though ;-)

Yet more evidence of where we're heading with a fit Kompany and Jesus.

Gabriel Jesus has now scored six goals and provided assists for a further three in 7 league starts.

Pep seemed to have a special word for Vinny when he came off - i like to think it was “that was a masterclass of central defending, up there with the best I’ve seen” - he was that good. Vinny visibly touched by his words anyway, whatever they were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.