City vs Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric

Administrator
Huge game, obviously. Hopefully Guardiola having a full week with the squad, for the first time since the season started, will see an improved performance. Resting the likes of Stones, Gundogan, Silva and De Bruyne should help too.

Bravo
Sagna
Stones
Otamendi
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Silva
Sterling
De Bruyne
Aguero

Huge game, obviously. Hopefully Guardiola having a full week with the squad, for the first time since the season started, will see an improved performance. Resting the likes of Stones, Gundogan, Silva and De Bruyne should help too.

Bravo
Sagna
Stones
Otamendi
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Silva
Sterling
De Bruyne
Aguero

Think that will be near enough the side played. Go for the jugular, i say.

Bravo

Sagna
Stones
Otamendi

Fernandinho
Gundogan
Sterling
De Bruyne
Nolito

Silva
Aguero

Reckon we can overmatch their shape in every part of the pitch with this lineup. Although I'm loath to leave Nando out.

Watched their game today and think we should be as aggressive as we were against barca and be aware that they break quickly
They invite fouls especially hazard so nico will need telling he has to stay on his feet all the time,my only concern is costa,vinny and mangler had his number but we don't have anyone like them now

Yeah, there is a very legitimate argument for Fernando starting on Saturday. Not sure many would've thought that a while ago.

It's obviously not an accurate barometer, and I probably base too much on it (against all teams, not just Chelsea), but our recent home record is pretty good against them. Just one defeat in the last seven years, with five wins and a draw.

Be nice to see us play a "decent" side at home, one that doesn't sit 10 behind the ball.

They'll be parking the bus and hoping to catch the front three at the break. Maybe it's time to bring back the inverted fullbacks.

Tottenham were much the better team tonight in the first half - playing fast and aggressively. With a weeks rest, no reason why we can't do the same. Tough game for us, but, there should be no tougher game for them. They should attack a bit, so hopefully we'll get through their defence a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.