City vs PSG

For PSG the only thing that can make them an attractiv team to play for is wining CL wining the league 1 is not as much of prestigenas as EPL,
I think even with PSG having Nyemar, tjey will have though time winning CL, until they have a stronger and become an "Elit" club as RL, Barca, Bayern, Chels, they, I feel PSG team is still not complet, they are missing the tightnes, that Monaco had last year,
I belive City will win the CL before PSG. and I think we (city) will not be acepted as an Elit team either (at least not in medias eyes) before we win the CL, hopefully this season we can take the doubble, and "shout the Bias midia" up.
Whilst I'd love you to be right, I'll be perfectly happy with a Premier League title.
Throw in the FA cup too and I'm in heaven.

A piece by Marcotti in this morning's Times about PSG, Neymar and FFP. The link's here, though it's behind a paywall - you can get access to 2 articles a week for free by registering, though: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...neymar-deal-but-not-until-next-year-955q56bf0

Gist of the piece, however, is summarised in this tweet by @projectriver of the 93:20 podcast:

I'm not an expert in how the fugures are going to stack up but, to me, if we were just talking Neymar, there might be some possibility of compliance. After all, they might still get rid of some dead wood on big wages, and he's a marketable commodity even for non-Qatari (and thus non-related) sponsors.

This estimate of the world's most valuable sports stars in brand terms had only 4 footballers in the top thirty. Neymar was third, but with personal endorsements of 72% of Ronaldo's level and 82% of Messi's. And his endorsements are more than double those of Gareth Bale, the fourth footballer who features on this list. Figures here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/worlds-30-most-marketable-sports-9609682

So it might just about be possible to believe that Neymar could drag in some big sponsorship deals that would carry them over the line. But if they buy Mbappe as well, it's hard to see how they can get anywhere near. I wonder if they're planning a legal challenge to the concept of FFP when they get sanctioned, because it's hard to see how they can avoid a penalty.

EDIT - Article here from Forbes suggesting that they won't make money from the Neymar deal: https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbym...parating-reality-from-hyperbole/#77539837c2f2

Last edited:
Who is doing better right now in your unbiased opinion, squad wise?

and who is the bigger draw? richer? Bring it up again after the Dani Alves saga and possibility of them getting Neymar.
They signed Neymar and it looks like they're going to get Mbappe as well. Plus they pipped us for Alves.

I prefer our squad, nonetheless - but PSG have had an amazing window.

it's el clasico last night where you could see how good he is. madrid barely arsed to cover the side where he was playing before, delafleu and suarez are amateurs compared to him. that makes messi and suarez trying to play between themselves and it was much easier for madrid to stop them. Suarez was especially frustrated by delafleu and suarez for not getting balls fro them and on numerous occasions refused to send the ball on their side when they were (counter)attacking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.