City Vs QPR The Final Game Post match Thread

Only 32 pages for our first league win in 44 years, and we get 100 pages for a disappointing draw these days, some need to get some perspective.

What a wonderful day that was, I doubt it will ever be beaten.

Until City score three to come back from two goals down in four minutes of ET against Utd in a Champions League final at the Swamp (with the rags somehow finagling a final to be held there) after Mourinho guarantees a victory in a half time interview . . . It won't be.

I watched the sky game last night for the first time from the link on here. It took me forever as it froze every twenty seconds, not sure if it was the recording or my tablet.

I still cannot believe that dodgy Lescott header for their equaliser, I am still disappointed Hart couldn't parry the shot as well. Their second goal was a total freak as well, how many goals do you see headed in like that? We had Hart, Lescott and another player all there yet no one could stop it going in. Two comic goals. I had forgotten that break as well near the end when their player beat Lescott on the touchline and I thought it would be 3-1. That bloody SWP as well, it was obscene the effort and energy that little shit put into trying to thwart us lol!

I watched the sky game last night for the first time from the link on here. It took me forever as it froze every twenty seconds, not sure if it was the recording or my tablet.

I still cannot believe that dodgy Lescott header for their equaliser, I am still disappointed Hart couldn't parry the shot as well. Their second goal was a total freak as well, how many goals do you see headed in like that? We had Hart, Lescott and another player all there yet no one could stop it going in. Two comic goals. I had forgotten that break as well near the end when their player beat Lescott on the touchline and I thought it would be 3-1. That bloody SWP as well, it was obscene the effort and energy that little shit put into trying to thwart us lol!
You have a better memory of their goals than me. I saw them go iin but immediately put my head in my hands and have never watched them again since, only watched Zabaleta's goal and the two at the end about 200 times.

You have a better memory of their goals than me. I saw them go iin but immediately put my head in my hands and have never watched them again since, only watched Zabaleta's goal and the two at the end about 200 times.

Aside from the euphoria at the end I can't say I enjoyed the game from the minute they equalised it was pure bloody torture. When Aguero' s shot hit the back of the net, only then did the clawing mist of despair lift and everything change from grey to glorious technicolor. The gutteral roar that greeted that moment was the exorcism of 44 long depressing agonising years.

I had forgotten that SWP was playing for QPR in that game. So alongside Nedum and Joey Barton over 25% of the QPR team were ex City players.
No wonder some United fans think that QPR gifted the result to City.

When Dzeko made it 2-2, from the resulting kick off QPR just booted the ball straight to Hart. When Nasri let the ball run out thinking it was a City throw, but it went to QPR, they gave the ball to us straight from that throw, without bothering to waste time, or try and keep it. From that Aguero scored, and again from the kick off, they just booted the ball to Hart. There was still under a minute left, but they showed absolutely no intent on doing anything, and the referee just decided to blow up early. QPR only knew they were safe when we were on the attack that led to Aguero's winner, so it seems strange they didn't bother to waste time or keep the ball when they had that throw in Nasri gifted them that SWP won.

For me, that day will never be topped. I don't think I will ever feel as I did when Aguero got that goal. Things have changed too much, and we're now one of the top teams. Then we were still emerging. I love where the club is now, but I do miss being the underdog in a way.

It is impossible to describe the emotional wringer that I went through during those 2 crazy hours on that May afternoon.
From the assured "this will be a walk in the park" when Zabba opened the score,to the nervousness when QPR equalized,and then onto the utter dis-belief when QPR took the lead.
And then the gnawing at the guts as the seconds ticked away followed by utter despair as 90 minutes was up and only extra time remained.
I was thinking to myself this is typical City,the best chance in 44 years to win the league and we have fucked it up against a team in the relegation zone.
My mate who I sit with kept asking me if I was OK ,I think he thought I was going to have a coronary such was the look of angst and despair on my face.
Even when Edin scored the equalizer from a corner I thought typical City,too little too late.
And then when Kun scored THAT GOAL the feeling of euphoria was unbelievable,I think a little bit of me went to heaven,all my prayers were answered in that split second,all the pleasure in the world was mine for a split second.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.