City Vs Spurs

AdamManCity

The significance of this game has dropped slightly from last years corresponding fixture however for us the prize is the same, forgetting the games we have left, if we win this game we win champions league football and everything that goes with it and also bragging rights towards a club we all hate!
So for me we should play a strong team;

--------------Hart--------------------
--Zab----Kompany----Lescott----Kolarov-
-----------------Nige----------------
-----------Yaya--------Silva-----------
----Milner--------------------Balotelli-
------------------Dzeko--------------
Now, I know this is not a likely team and Im sure he'll play Barry and Johnson for Milner and Dzeko but for me I thought Dzeko played quite well on saturday given the service he got and I'd like to give him a chance with the likes of milner, kolarov, zab and silva all targeting him in the box and see how he fairs. Now the reason for my attacking midfield is because we know that Sandro will be asked to shield their back four and so in the middle we will only have the threat of Modric to handle and I think De Jong is up for that task on his own with yaya doing a box to box role covering for Kolarov(in Particular) and Zab when necessary because we know all about their threat out wide although Bale is out. I don't think Tevez is either ready nor should play in the final so to have both strikers on the pitch we can see which out of Mario and Dzeko deserves to play on saturday!

A point could give us Champions League football. But why does this worry me? I'd rather we went into this game thinking that we needed a win to secure top 4 status, because we might give a bit more for the cause. If City know a draw will more or less do it, I fear a performance that will be far too casual.

I don't think we're going to win this. We only escaped from White Hart Lane with a point because of an excellent goalkeeping display from Joe Hart.

And plus - we just never beat Tottenham.

What tactics would you use v spurs

Going to be an interesting game of tactics on tuesday spurs need a win and city also need a win to ensure 4th place.Will we keep it tight as asual pack the midfield and hope to catch spurs on the counter attack or wll mancini chang it round.For me i hope we go for it because we are at home but the pressure is all on city.i really hope tevez is fit and can lift us for the rest of the season.

Re: What tactics would you use v spurs

Get after them. Put them on the back foot and under no circumstances sit too deep and allow then to dictate the game. They will hopefully be without Bale and that should enable us to be less cautious about going forward. I want a repeat of first half of Fulham away, first half of Everton away (but not miss the chances) and the performance at Wembley. Can't be doing with a negative performance.....especially as I have paid a fortune to go and watch!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.