City vs United: Manchester's Cold War (23/02 1930hrs BBC Radio 5)

Seriously is anyone shocked.?

It's been a constant drip, drip, feed from United's PR Department for years, aided by all the main media organisations.

You'd expect Sky and BT to fall in line as their advertising revenues are dictated to by viewers, hence constantly pushing United.

However, more interesting, and more worrying, is how BBC Sport based at Mediacity has fallen in line and sided with United.

After all the BBC and BBC Sport is supposed to be impartial, and doesn't rely on advertising revenues, so doesn't need to push the United's mantra.

I'll say it again. Ever since they caved into United and GPS, they have done what they have been told, even if it was via gentlemens agrrement behind closed doors.

Unfortunately the BBC and other media outlets Rag lovin will continue, and will only get worse if United win one or more trophies this season, and get a CL place.(and we win nothing, and miss out on a CL place)

Barton down the hatches.

I know he's a c*nt but that seems harsh in these circumstances.

Some right Berties on this thread ;)

In all seriousness, the world seems very agitated that we are doing things 'The United Way' better than Utd are doesn't it?

Mwahahahaha.

Last edited:
I hope the club put that **** from Fletcher Moss in his place, but I doubt they will.

When the takeover happened, and we were splashing the cash on players with questionable character, all we seemed to hear about from the likes of Ducker was a constant drone about talent being nurtured through a club being the superior way to operate. i.e 'the united way'. Wind forward nearly a decade and they seem pissed off that we've heeded their helpful advice.

That's because in everything we do we are better than them. All the sheep who jumped on the rag bandwagon now fear looking stupid and being left behind as their raggy heroes slide into mediocrity while we become the most exciting team in the league.

Those wankers have had their days in the sun, the future is blue.

No club can stop Rags to offer better than City education program. It is only themselves want to spend 89M on one player rather than spending for their academy players education.

That's because in everything we do we are better than them. All the sheep who jumped on the rag bandwagon now fear looking stupid and being left behind as their raggy heroes slide into mediocrity while we become the most exciting team in the league.

Those wankers have had their days in the sun, the future is blue.
As Black Lace once sang; "The past was yours, but the future's mine".

I thought for most part contributions were fairly honest and not a million miles from the truth, with the exception of Dave Horrocks.

United I know have larger groups than Man City in foundation phase and so are actually not more selective. And also no kid has been signed out of spite and then released within 2 weeks, just wouldn't happen. Also fail to see how providing education is a negative but that was defended in the programme.

Dave horrocks LinkedIn profile clearly states part time Manchester United development centre coach so if he was on as an impartial grass roots coach the BBC didn't do much research.

United do have better record of bringing players through, but city have better academy right now, the challenge is to match Utd in providing first team opportunities.

It's a competitive world and all ok clubs and them abroad are in it to find the next big thing, simple as.

I'm a ManU fan and would love our academy to be churning out world class players and to be fair has a top track record, but I fear has been complaisant.

I have a boy in MCFC academy by choice and admire much of what they are trying to do to be fair to city they educate the boys, advise on nutrition, put boys on duke of Edinburgh scheme, have phycologists working with boys and parents on welfare issues so are doing there best to make the experience as beneficial as possible and that's the truth from a rag

Healthy competition good for both clubs we should all embrace

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.