City vs United: Manchester's Cold War (23/02 1930hrs BBC Radio 5)

Oh I forgot Nacho too! So that's 5-4! Unless I've missed any others for either team.
Definitely not Nacho or A. Garcia and most definitely not Joe Hart as someone posted elsewhere.

Even if Giggs was 15 when they nicked him you've got to at least share him with the rags as otherwise we'd have to wipe out players such as Richards, Maffeo, Angelino, Sancho and Diaz off the top of my head.

Don't think think there's anything U21 anymore, at least not that we're in and ignoring the international teams. Even the PL Cup is U23 and the CL Youth cup is U19, after that you're down to the U18's.

Ah right, ta. I was a bit lost trying to work out what was what

I'd seen a wiki page with the U23 league in it, which has every other club called U23, but ours is EDS. The link takes you the EDS page which it says is U21.
Got to be good for them to play older players.

Also, if one of our academy kids wants to go on to 6th form, then there's a state school next to the academy which also benefits local kids - built by the good sheikh. You'd think that would get a mention in the article.

Just finished listening and the level of pro red bias was quite cringeworthy. Mitten very much in the Neville mould in that he tried his best to be complimentary on City but couldn't resist continuous sly digs throughout. Horrocks was a complete cock and is as bitter as they come. Derek Langley appeared to be a man whose job was a piece of piss for 16 years then all of sudden it wasn't so easy and couldn't cope so jacked it in before he was pushed. Throw in Chapman and Ducker and I assume fordyce is a red so you've only got Cassell and McAtee's dad from the City side. I'll also assume "Tim" was a red as he appeared anti City after what had happened to his son. Unfortunately "Tim" you run the risk of your son being hurt when you let him train with a club so don't go bleating when it happens.

Would love someone to come out and clarify Horrock's comment on the kid taken from United and released by City 2 weeks later just so he couldn't play for United. Seems that would be a pile of bullshit to me. I think you'll also find City never published those results on the hammerings at u14 and u15. People go to watch those games with smart phones so it isn't difficult to get the results out in the open. It actually contradicts with what he says on the Fletcher Moss page where he mentions United beating City 5-0 at u18 level on several players profiles. Wanker.

Would love someone to come out and clarify Horrock's comment on the kid taken from United and released by City 2 weeks later just so he couldn't play for United. Seems that would be a pile of bullshit to me.

There is no mention of it in the written article on the BBC football website but there is this gem:

Since the money came in to City, the team’s got better,” says Rashford’s mentor Horrocks. “And the success has brought more to the table – they’ve been able to employ more scouts to trawl more games to find more players.

“One has followed the other. City have got a greater pulling power for those reasons. But for me you’ll never convince me that they’ll match United’s success in putting local English players in their first team. There’s been an academy player in every United first-team squad since 1939.”

There is no mention of it in the written article on the BBC football website but there is this gem:

Since the money came in to City, the team’s got better,” says Rashford’s mentor Horrocks. “And the success has brought more to the table – they’ve been able to employ more scouts to trawl more games to find more players.

“One has followed the other. City have got a greater pulling power for those reasons. But for me you’ll never convince me that they’ll match United’s success in putting local English players in their first team. There’s been an academy player in every United first-team squad since 1939.”

I thought that statement has been proved incorrect,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.