City Website - A bit I don't like

B B

BLUEMATT23

Just wanting some opinions on a part of the official MCFC website which I think should not be there.
It's on the section titled News & then what the papers say when on a daily basis they take the speculation from some of the newspapers regarding our player movements etc.
For example from the other day the 3 main items were "we won't be hold to ransom", referring to the inflated transfer fees we may have to pay, followed by "boss looking for smart deals in January" & finally speculation on Elano & Jo possibily leaving in January, headlined "Elano & Jo mentioned as January casualties".

The point I am trying to make is that these are the sort of stories/speculation you would read on sites such as this or bbc news, gossip etc. Anyone with a ounce of sense obviously realises that 90% of the gossip never becomes reality & a lot of the stories coming out are journalists trying to unsettle us. However I don't think the club should have this section on the official site as if I was a player & just finished training or what ever & let's face it most of them would have pc's, if they thought "'ll just have a look at the city site" & see speculation about them plastered all over the place I just don't think it looks very good & is a bit unprofessional.

Any thoughts or am I talking crap.

MSSBLUETRILLIONS said:
talking crap.

This.

No just kidding, most clubs have a "What the papers say" section on their sites and I'm sure the players will read the papers as well as the site. With this section City can control the content. The piece in question is an interview Garry Cook gave the media so no problems IMO.

I don't think your talking crap at all I totally agree with you as it happens. This only came on the site last season didn't it as far as I'm aware.

I used to get the impression with the official site that parts of it weren't quite in house. For instance in the squad list pictures bit some of the pictures they used to use would show the player in question wearing the strip from their previous club, alright when the player had just been signed but not that impressive after eighteen months. Given how many public relations types are now at the club it should be very different.

I don't like the fact I have to click through a splash page to get to the main site.

I also object to them printing directions to the ground. what are we? Rags?

Come on everyone goes for the first time some time don't they

With the papers section they sometimes put a sarcastic comment if the story is clearly bollocks - I think it is a good idea, you can't stop the speculation but if you present it as just that then it just reinforces what you do print as fact on the main news page.

The whole f*ckin' MCFC website needs updating , if you ask me ... not just the part that you mention ........ it looks tired , isn't easy to navigate , and is in general need of someone adding a bit of 'umph' to it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.