"City will not pay over the odds for Anyone"

wrenie72

So Diara is off to Madrid for £20 million and Lesley thinks he can hijak it? How?! Is Diara worth £20 million? NO! The player himself wants to go to Madrid and Pompey have accepted the offer.
Is he the answer to our problems again no! For £20 million we could sign Senna or Gattuso both who are head and shoulders above Diara.
Diara could not cut it at Chelsea or Arsenal, so would it be any different at City? Also £20 million for RSC is well over the odds. So I guess we will now see if City are true to thier word or will clubs just take the piss so they can bank role thier own transfer spending on the back of cash rich city.

I do not want to sound negative but I would not trust LMH with a £5.00 in a charity shop never mind 80mill plus in January. For the sake of the club and my sanity Mr Hughes please clear your desk and leave MCFC!!!!

What do you expect them to say - 'We're loaded and it doesn't matter if we pay much mre than players are worth because we can'?

Or do you want us to refrain from buying players who will improve our squad even though money is of little object to us?

wrenie72 said:
So Diara is off to Madrid for £20 million and Lesley thinks he can hijak it? How?! Is Diara worth £20 million? NO! The player himself wants to go to Madrid and Pompey have accepted the offer.
Is he the answer to our problems again no! For £20 million we could sign Senna or Gattuso both who are head and shoulders above Diara.
Diara could not cut it at Chelsea or Arsenal, so would it be any different at City? Also £20 million for RSC is well over the odds. So I guess we will now see if City are true to thier word or will clubs just take the piss so they can bank role thier own transfer spending on the back of cash rich city.

I do not want to sound negative but I would not trust LMH with a £5.00 in a charity shop never mind 80mill plus in January. For the sake of the club and my sanity Mr Hughes please clear your desk and leave MCFC!!!!

Oooooohhhhh!!! (Holds imaginery handbag)

I have not avoided the questions, but if money was no object there are better players than Diara. Or is that we are suffering delusions of grandior? None of the big names in the CL would look at City now. Out of the bottom 3 on goal difference. Paul Ince was sacked for similar results.
It seems Diara was the best of a bunch and even he does not want to come to city.!!! We are down there with the worst teams in the country and we are in real trouble. All this talk of Kaka and Messi is rubbish....

With any purchase there is no doubt there will be a Man City Premium but to pay £20m for a player who has only played 30 games for an average side since being transferred for £5.5m is laughable.

At last someone with a sane point of view about Diara. If I wore a hat I would tip it to you Sir!

Obviously MoodyBlue is the Messiah and his/her opinion is all that matters. Get real if he has not wasted money, made the wrong choice of players and tactics why are we only out of the bottom 3 on goal difference. Take your blue tinted glasses off and get real. Hughes will panic buy in January looking to move us up the table.
It's going to be a fookin disaster.... Bring back John Bond!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.