City will now attack the south end in the 2nd half

I agree with you saying that the only difference is the away team going towards their own fans.Empty seats wherever in the ground. Everybody is that busy after games these days, baffles me why they turn up at all.

However what you are saying about the 1894 / south stand is laughable. Nowhere else makes a sound apart from the corner section (occasionally). South stand level 3 try to get stuff going but too far away from the action + heavy handed stewards. Having sat in all stands with my season ticket South Stand is head and shoulders above the rest.

Exactly, some people need to try moving around the stadium to realise the difference in watching a game in the SS lower and watching the game elsewhere, I certainly wouldn't go anywhere else apart from SS lower or Kippax corner if booted out of SS for cup games. Then again I like to sing, make noise at a game, if I try this in other areas you sing alone aoart from the odd bluemoon or stand up if you love city.

Hard to believe that a thread about changing ends has resulted in blues fans having a pop at 1894 their own fellow blues trying hard to improve atmosphere. "happy clappers" so some people really think 1894 put these out..

What a load off bollox, not just you but the others above with the stand full of kids on iPads comments etc,
do yous actually go to the games ?? If so you must sit in he south stand and be unable to see and here what the rest of the stadium sees and hears.
Going on like the ss is some vocal buzzing part of the ground when in fact it's almost as Barron as the rest of the stadium and just as empty as the rest of the stadium with 5/10 min to go.
Hardly a noise comes out of the ss and has got worse over the years, the 1894 bollox with the happy clappers fake atmosphere doesn't help as any atmosphere now seems forced rather then authentic. The Kippax the ss defanetly is not ..
no additional atmosphere from there 2nd half on Saturday with a 1/3 from that stand leaving early too, so stop having a pop at the family stand when the other stands are just as sterile and empty with 5 to go..

Only good thing to come out of this is the away team don't kick to there fans should it be close nothing to do with our fans what so ever
You're seriously deluded if you think the south stand is 'just as sterile and empty' as the North stand. Honestly, the North stand is a shambles. I'm not pointing the finger at the fans who bother to stay for 90 mins and those who, once in a blue moon, put in some effort to supporting the team. It's more to do with the south stand being too big and in a key part of the ground. It should be moved to half of CBL1. Out the way of cameras and freeing up room for more singers/cheaper tickets behind the goal.

Fake atmosphere? Sorry, what? How do you decide what classes as a fake and real atmosphere? I'd love to hear that.....

Just build a huge crèche next to the ground and ban any little shits under the age of 10 into the ground. No need for a family stand and problem solved.

I think it COULD be a great idea/change. I don't like to praise the fans but, especially in the 'big' games, you can see what impact the Kop has at Anfield.

I sit at the back of the SS 3rd tier and when we start singing, it seems really loud as lots of other people have said from elsewhere in the ground. I can't really hear the SS 1st tier unless there's a lot of people singing. But, there shouldn't be an excuse now. It's not down to the players to create an atmosphere, it's down to the fans. If we can do that, I can see it having a good impact on the team.

As for the 'leaving early brigade', everyone moaning at the Family Stand needs to get a grip. It's not just them leaving early; it's an issue with everywhere in the ground. The SS 3rd tier especially, that's near enough half empty by the end of the game. All I can say for that is if I stay in my seat until the final whistle, everywhere else in the ground is empty before we start moving down the steps.

You're seriously deluded if you think the south stand is 'just as sterile and empty' as the North stand. Honestly, the North stand is a shambles. I'm not pointing the finger at the fans who bother to stay for 90 mins and those who, once in a blue moon, put in some effort to supporting the team. It's more to do with the south stand being too big and in a key part of the ground. It should be moved to half of CBL1. Out the way of cameras and freeing up room for more singers/cheaper tickets behind the goal.

Fake atmosphere? Sorry, what? How do you decide what classes as a fake and real atmosphere? I'd love to hear that.....

Go on then...why exactly is the North Stand a shambles?

Good idea. Im sure I'm not the only one with that pessimistic fear of the away team reeling away in delight towards their fans as they get a last minute equalizer or winner after defending like lions for 85 mins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.