City Woman

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ducado, 8 Mar 2014.

1. ForzaMancini

ForzaMancini

Absolutely this. Seems quite embarrassing to be honest. The heart is in the right place but they've approached it spectacularly stupidly.

2. bluesoup

bluesoup

What a bunch of football snobs! I too like football, men, cooking, lipstick and clothes. Yes an eclectic combination but, I'd rather our club lead the way with engaging with the female fans than not ! I was only saying the other week that for the first time in many many years of going to the footy do I need to queue for the loos at half time. Get used to it, the girly girls have arrived!

3. CSBlue

CSBlue

I like most of those things too, but I get information on those topics from elsewhere, rather than my FOOTBALL club assuming that as a girl, I must be interested in what One Direction (I'm not a paedo, ffs) are up to.

It's a huge step backwards. When I started going to City, as a "girly girl" blokes assumed I was only there to oggle the players, or because my boyfriend had dragged me along.

I thought times had changed.

4. bobmcfc

bobmcfc

I'm a girly girl but seriously if I want patronising I will do it myself. I'm a girl but don't tell me about cooking or lipstick when I just want city for football, yes I want equality and nobody telling me I don't belong in a male orientated sport but without realising it they are segregating us by having a women only section

5. Bigga

Bigga

Father/ Boys' u8's Climbing Frame!
    The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
    I must admit, reading the title I thought 'why would women need a different section? We're all footy fans'.

And when I got to the word 'recipe', I burst out laughing!!

This will do more for sexism than any bloke, being disparaging, would ever do!!

6. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

Angela Epstein FFS....... remember her spat in the MEN because she couldn't get to sleep when Oasis played Heaton Park.

Maybe we should have a women's only forum on BM? (puts tin hat on ;)

7. andyhinch

andyhinch

You deserve lobster and champagne and then a good seeing to:)

8. bobmcfc

bobmcfc

No lobster, no seeing to.... Will take the bubbly though<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:46 pm --<br /><br />
    No we should Effin not !!

9. bluesoup

bluesoup

Wow, how the recipe section has wound people up! I'm chuffed their is a women's section on the web site. It's quite refreshing to see the club reaching out to a different audience.

10. Rascal

Rascal