City Woman

bobmcfc said:
"Nobody puts baby in a corner"

Honestly I think it's patronising. Fitness and recipes ... Are you taking the piss City ?

Absolutely this. Seems quite embarrassing to be honest. The heart is in the right place but they've approached it spectacularly stupidly.

What a bunch of football snobs! I too like football, men, cooking, lipstick and clothes. Yes an eclectic combination but, I'd rather our club lead the way with engaging with the female fans than not ! I was only saying the other week that for the first time in many many years of going to the footy do I need to queue for the loos at half time. Get used to it, the girly girls have arrived!

bluesoup said:
What a bunch of football snobs! I too like football, men, cooking, lipstick and clothes. Yes an eclectic combination but, I'd rather our club lead the way with engaging with the female fans than not ! I was only saying the other week that for the first time in many many years of going to the footy do I need to queue for the loos at half time. Get used to it, the girly girls have arrived!

I like most of those things too, but I get information on those topics from elsewhere, rather than my FOOTBALL club assuming that as a girl, I must be interested in what One Direction (I'm not a paedo, ffs) are up to.

It's a huge step backwards. When I started going to City, as a "girly girl" blokes assumed I was only there to oggle the players, or because my boyfriend had dragged me along.

I thought times had changed.

I'm a girly girl but seriously if I want patronising I will do it myself. I'm a girl but don't tell me about cooking or lipstick when I just want city for football, yes I want equality and nobody telling me I don't belong in a male orientated sport but without realising it they are segregating us by having a women only section

karen7 said:
Doesn't interest me at all
Recipes ffs! City is football not womens hour

I must admit, reading the title I thought 'why would women need a different section? We're all footy fans'.

And when I got to the word 'recipe', I burst out laughing!!

This will do more for sexism than any bloke, being disparaging, would ever do!!

andyhinch said:
bobmcfc said:
bgblue said:
For chips and gravy? ;)

Or curry
You deserve lobster and champagne and then a good seeing to:)

No lobster, no seeing to.... Will take the bubbly though<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:46 pm --<br /><br />
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Angela Epstein FFS....... remember her spat in the MEN because she couldn't get to sleep when Oasis played Heaton Park.

Maybe we should have a women's only forum on BM? (puts tin hat on ;)

No we should Effin not !!

Wow, how the recipe section has wound people up! I'm chuffed their is a women's section on the web site. It's quite refreshing to see the club reaching out to a different audience.

bluesoup said:
Wow, how the recipe section has wound people up! I'm chuffed their is a women's section on the web site. It's quite refreshing to see the club reaching out to a different audience.[/quote

It may also help a few blokes out who cant cook.

"Just having 20 mins on the City website dear" looking how to cook a decent meal. He cant say just looking on mumsnet can he

Fair play City for leading the way once again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.