City Woman

There's load of women following City these days, many more than there used to be. I fail to see why a City Woman section should provoke such hostility.

hgblue said:
There's load of women following City these days, many more than there used to be. I fail to see why a City Woman section should provoke such hostility.

Try reading the pages on this thread, many reason why the contents of the section are really not good.

As a woman I'm not offended by the idea but feel the content so far is dire. I wonder how many women worked on the content. That journalists article is a real own goal but if they were promoting women's health issues maybe interviewing the ladies team on their experiences in sport. Fitness routines designed for women. I don't really care about the recipes it can be taken as offensive or you can look at it as promoting healthy eating. Some of the ladies on here are very intelligent and funny I would enjoy reading some of their experiences of following city. If they had come at it from a different angle it could have been quite an interesting section but I really think they need to look at the content at the moment it seems as though it is a mans idea of what women want.

e7yry7yh.jpg

I applaud the attempt to connect with female fans. Football is very male-orientated and it can be a very trying world to force your way into. We are fans and every bit as passionate. It would be also be a positive move to market the women's footy team and help raise their profile.

But creating a separate section is divisive and and unhelpful and using that DM columnist as a guest journalist makes me feel slightly murderous.

They do some weird shit at times city. An article on an OS discussing whether tattoos are attractive ffs. Pity as up to this point everything city have done with the womens team has been perfect.

Ammy said:
I applaud the attempt to connect with female fans. Football is very male-orientated and it can be a very trying world to force your way into. We are fans and every bit as passionate. It would be also be a positive move to market the women's footy team and help raise their profile.

But creating a separate section is divisive and and unhelpful and using that DM columnist as a guest journalist makes me feel slightly murderous.
I'd just like to say that out of all the City women I've encountered , you're one of my favourites :-)

kalouk said:
As a woman I'm not offended by the idea but feel the content so far is dire. I wonder how many women worked on the content. That journalists article is a real own goal but if they were promoting women's health issues maybe interviewing the ladies team on their experiences in sport. Fitness routines designed for women. I don't really care about the recipes it can be taken as offensive or you can look at it as promoting healthy eating. Some of the ladies on here are very intelligent and funny I would enjoy reading some of their experiences of following city. If they had come at it from a different angle it could have been quite an interesting section but I really think they need to look at the content at the moment it seems as though it is a mans idea of what women want.

It's early days. I'm sure the club will welcome feedback and amend the content accordingly. The club has clearly recognised the large number of female supporters we now have and are attempting to reach out to them. I support the initiative, although as a man I guess the content is none of my business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.