City Women - Champions and Continental Cup Winners 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there are some real fuckwits on the comments pages - especially the ones who claim they clicked on the match report because it read "Manchester City 2-0 Chelsea" and they thought it was a mens PL match!!
I actually called for the BBC to close the comments on the article because it didn't seem as if they were really moderating it and some were along the lines of 'women should be in the kitchen'. Someone went as far as to say that if women have spent so long fighting for equality, they should create a new sport for themselves????? And one person said that it's been proved that women don't enjoy sport as much as men so he didn't want women's football articles on the main football page. I presume he thinks that the BBC sport page is for men only! And that women who go and watch any sport are not welcome perhaps?

I got called out for not welcoming opinions and many claimed they were just stating that the quality of women's football is worse than mens' non league. (amusing that they sought to defend themselves though when I didn't actually accuse anyone directly!).

But it made me laugh because the BBC HYS section is constantly full of people complaining about the overpaid prima donnas in the Premier League and how they won't be watching them this year, favouring their local lower-league or non-league team instead. In which case, what's wrong with the women's game? Everything and everyone starts somewhere and many female pros will be dedicating their lives to their passion, knowing full well that it pays a relative pittance. It's clear to see different tactics deployed and different strengths favoured compared to the men's game and that makes it interesting. If anything, it gives you another way of watching football beyond the one we know so well, which is surely a good thing. And for a lot of fans, it's another MCFC side to get behind. Many of the players themselves are big fans too and regularly share pictures of them supporting the men, even traveling to the Champions League games last season. So it's almost rude, if anything, not to return that same level of support.

I enjoyed the game and some of the football I have seen over the last few years has been excellent. Toni Duggan scored some absolute belters last year and the team has just gone from strength to strength.

Brilliant win in only their third season. Just wish the bird who was on SSN would stop calling it a project!! Projects have and end date for completion, my hope is that this will just keep evolving and getting better & better....

And not content with playing on the left, she decided to head over to the right!

atxjec.jpg

I bet she felt a right tit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.