City Women - Champions and Continental Cup Winners 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortuna Hjørring (DEN)
Honours

• UEFA Women's Cup
    • Runner-up: 2003
  • Danish League (9)
    • Champion: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2014, 2016
  • Danish Women's Cup (8)
    • Champion: 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2016
  • Danish Indoor Cup (4)
    • Champion: 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001
Currently second place behind Brondby in the league

Daphne Corboz has been released today. She hasn't really had much game time this season, mainly coming off the bench. A really nice girl, deferring her studies iirc to come over here to play. Wish her well in her next chapter.
Really disappointed at this - quite a classy player I thought but you're right - not much game time this year for whatever reason.
Would have thought we would be bringing in some recruits as we had a paper thin squad anyway, couldn't even field a full bench of subs a few times this season

From @DaphCorboz on Twitter: After taking the difficult decision to leave Manchester City, I want to thank my teammates, supporters, and staff. It was an honor.

Congratulations to Izzy Christiansen and Lucy Bronze on their goals for England in last night's 3-0 win against Austria.

Delighted for Izzy in particular who seems to be cementing her place in the England team.

Just seen that Sky have picked the City v Leicester for a live game, the same day as the Women's cup final ! Out of the four teams ( City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Birmingham) in the semi finals we are the only team that clash, Chelsea men play away on the Friday night, Liverpool play away to West Ham on the Sunday and Birmingham men's season will be finished ! Wouldn't it make more sense to of had the West Ham/ Liverpool game live on the Saturday and the City game live on the Sunday ?

Just seen that Sky have picked the City v Leicester for a live game, the same day as the Women's cup final ! Out of the four teams ( City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Birmingham) in the semi finals we are the only team that clash, Chelsea men play away on the Friday night, Liverpool play away to West Ham on the Sunday and Birmingham men's season will be finished ! Wouldn't it make more sense to of had the West Ham/ Liverpool game live on the Saturday and the City game live on the Sunday ?

more sense for the fans and the club for the city game to be on the sunday, yes
more sense for sky and the FA to fuck us over by having it this way, yes

but there is no agenda, its all in our heads

fuckers

Not sure if they've done as to get at us , but for me it just shows the sort of fools that run football ! If the City game was on a Sunday and City made the final, you could see more City fans going, if the Liverpool game was a early kick off at West Ham on the Saturday, you could see some of them doing both games , The FA have made a big thing about the final being at Wembley ,and trying to promote women football, yet do this with the two northern clubs

At least our women have done well in the POTY shortlists, Keira Walsh would be my pick for the Young Player award and I imagine Lucy Bronze will be favourite to get the main award.

Women's Young Player of the Year nominees

• Millie Bright (Chelsea)
  • Nikita Parris (Manchester City)
  • Georgia Stanway (Manchester City)
  • Keira Walsh (Manchester City)
  • Jess Carter (Birmingham)
  • Caroline Weir (Liverpool Ladies)

Women's Player of the Year

• Lucy Bronze (Manchester City)
  • Jane Ross (Manchester City)
  • Jill Scott (Manchester City)
  • Ellen White (Birmingham City)
  • Karen Carney (Chelsea)
  • Caroline Weir (Liverpool)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.