City Women sign Carli Lloyd - Official

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ric, 10 Feb 2017.

1. blueinsa

blueinsa

Rag Hunter!
    Its a tad off topic but the womens 6 nations that is now on and games being shown on the BBC website has been brilliant it really has.

Really impressed with the physicality on show as well as the technical ability.

Worth a watch for all those interested in womens sport.

2. cookster

cookster

Glad others want to drag this forum into the 21st Century.

3. nmc

nmc

Think City women are on circa £30k - that's a year. They have to do City in the Community work as part of that. Guess Houghton and co get some sort of top up from the FA and sponsorship monies on top. Not great money but the women seem to have some perspective that they get paid to do something they love. No idea what Carli Lloyd will be on but she definitely gets money from team USA.

4. WNRH

WNRH

That's considerably lower than i thought. I was thinking at least £2k-£3k a week for those players. The club must make a loss on the whole set up i imagine then.

5. ManCityX

ManCityX

6. EdenBlue

EdenBlue

As nmc said the women earn about £30k from the club. The England players get a further £25-30k from the national set up.
    The US women are really poorly paid, getting about $15,000 a year from their clubs - they make most of their money through sponsorship - and are in dispute with the USWL which is resulting in more of the top players coming to Europe.
    The WSL has a salary cap and the club can only spend 40% of turnover on salaries

7. GX Blue

GX Blue

MCFC Realist.
    I'm sure I read Steph Houghton is on about 65k a year.

Are we signing Carli Lloyd or what?

8. EdenBlue

EdenBlue

I read something similar but it was combined salary from club and country

9. EdenBlue

EdenBlue

Grant Wahl at Sports Illustrated (si.com)

"U.S. women’s national team co-captain Carli Lloyd is set to join Manchester City, and her signing could be announced as soon as Wednesday, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.

Lloyd's agreement with Manchester City, the reigning Football Association Women's Super League (FAWSL) champion, would be a short-term contract that would allow her to return and play in the NWSL with the Houston Dash at the start of June. In that sense it's like Alex Morgan's short-term deal with Lyon. The big draw for both Lloyd and Morgan is getting to play in the women's Champions League. Both Man City and Lyon are in the Champions League quarterfinals, which take place in March, and the two could square off against one another if Man City gets by Denmark's Fortuna Hjorring and if Lyon ousts Wolfsburg."

10. dario2739

dario2739

It's on the official website now, Carli has signed.