City Women v.Fortuna Hjørring 2nd leg, 30/3 1900

Just read that 14,000 saw Lyon play Wolfsburg.
Our crowd's are impressive by WSL standards, but the English game is still lagging behind, and for the wider picture, we probably need a more competitive league.

Lyon have a bit more pedigree than the CL teams we have met so far, and we will need to sharpen up a lot more than was on show tonight. Very much a stodgy kind of game. Before Lucy's Loopy Lob of a header, we could have been two up or two down. The Danish team never had enough to get much further but we will have to play a much tighter and more cohesive game against the French.

Well done City. Good luck in the semi final.

Lyon will be a very difficult. Great opportunity to test themselves.

Hopefully we'll surprise Lyon, be great to see a Champions League, for any of our teams

Lyon have a bit more pedigree than the CL teams we have met so far, and we will need to sharpen up a lot more than was on show tonight. Very much a stodgy kind of game. Before Lucy's Loopy Lob of a header, we could have been two up or two down. The Danish team never had enough to get much further but we will have to play a much tighter and more cohesive game against the French.

I went, I was wondering if you`d made it.

I love this team. These women are fun to watch and you can tell their hearts are in it. Something I question at times with the men.

One thing I love and respect about the women's game is overall you don't see much in the way of diving. I remember watching the Women's World Cup and some of the women took some pretty good fouls. Instead of going to ground to win a penalty they kept driving on.

lyon may be a bridge too far but what a team we have

What a team? We were absolutely terrible against a team who could barely run or play football. Lyon will be a bridge too far as they're the only women's team with decent technique and movement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.