City's 2016 financial results

Prestwich_Blue

As the season and financial year come to an end, I've been looking at the figures I estimated for the year and have updated them. I've no idea how accurate they'll be but I'm estimating the following:
  • Turnover - around £400m.
  • Earnings (income less operating expenses) around £120m.
  • Depreciation & amortisation around £80m.
That gives an operating profit of around £40m.
  • Profit on the sale of players will be at least £25m (although could be a bit more as I've no idea when some deals were actually crystallised). Adding in Jovetic probably takes it to £30m
That means net profit before tax could be around £65-70m.

Last edited:
As the season and financial year come to an end, I've been looking at the figures I estimated for the year and have updated them. I've no idea how accurate they'll be but I'm estimating the following:
  • Profit on the sale of players will be at least £25m (although could be a bit more as I've no idea when some deals were actually crystallised). Adding in Jovetic probably takes it to £30m

That doesn't include the new tv deal does it?

If not how much more would we be looking at next season with that? Or would that depend on how much we spend this year?

Your estimates are usually fairly accurate.. But as you mention we must guess the impact of players leaving.

Very hard to predict but given the progress in Europe, bigger gates and other general upward trends i would agree on £400m or over for turnover. What we don't know is how the player trading goes through the accounts - the dates of transfers and book value of players sold is never going to be disclosed so it leaves us guessing.

Thanks Prestwich_Blue no wonder we are spending big!

and the great thing is,.our owner isn't arsed about making a profit. He's happy with a breakeven self sufficient, successful club

Where's he ever said that? That's just assumed. He will eventually want city and the city group in general to be a money making business if you ask me.

Do we get a loan fee for any of our players. I appreciate for the likes of Roberts and Byrne we won't as the clubs they are at are essentially working for us in developing these player.

But say Denayer. After his Celtic spell, there was probably quite a few clubs vying to signing him on loan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.