City's 2016 financial results

My figures don't include Negredo & Sinclair as I think both deals were finalised just before the year end, so were presumably included in 2015's figures.

You and Swiss both know what your talking about but I would trust his figures more and my reading of what he says is that they are included either way its a lot. Plus we will loose a few this summer not sure how that will affect things

Then just need the academy to start paying dividend

Also there is the 10% drop we had last year in match day revenue due to construction work plus the new stand this year

You and Swiss both know what your talking about but I would trust his figures more and my reading of what he says is that they are included either way its a lot. Plus we will loose a few this summer not sure how that will affect things

Then just need the academy to start paying dividend

Also there is the 10% drop we had last year in match day revenue due to construction work plus the new stand this year

Swiss Rambler (who actually is a BM member as well) do his stuff after the numbers are released.. So he ought to be more spot on :D

Where do player sales go ? Just looking at the deloitte money league and it does not include player sales in revenue but the percentages still add up

Where do player sales go ? Just looking at the deloitte money league and it does not include player sales in revenue but the percentages still add up
Player sales get shown as a profit or loss on the sale. If we buy a player for £25m on a 5-yr contract, we amortise that contract at £5m a year. After 3 years we'll have charged £15m and the remaining value of the contract on the balance sheet will be £10m. If we sell him for £15m, we'll have made a profit of £5m, which will appear in the profit and loss account.

Never knew Swiss Ramble is a BM member too. It's a great blog and manages to explain the finance side in ways I'd have never thought of looking. PB is pretty damm good too :-)

Player sales get shown as a profit or loss on the sale. If we buy a player for £25m on a 5-yr contract, we amortise that contract at £5m a year. After 3 years we'll have charged £15m and the remaining value of the contract on the balance sheet will be £10m. If we sell him for £15m, we'll have made a profit of £5m, which will appear in the profit and loss account.

So it does not count as revenue ?

Yes it does. Deloitte just ignore it.
It's an interesting point actually. It's revenue in the sense that we receive cash but it's not revenue that we include in the P&L account and there is no way to identify specific fees received for individual players sold anyway. I've just written an article for City Watch about accounting for transfers and the financial considerations involved in how much we can spend. Clubs did used to treat transfer fees as income and expenditure but changed to treat contracts as assets. It's a little counter intuitive really as the buying and selling of players is really a core part of a football club's business.

It's an interesting point actually. It's revenue in the sense that we receive cash but it's not revenue that we include in the P&L account and there is no way to identify specific fees received for individual players sold anyway. I've just written an article for City Watch about accounting for transfers and the financial considerations involved in how much we can spend. Clubs did used to treat transfer fees as income and expenditure but changed to treat contracts as assets. It's a little counter intuitive really as the buying and selling of players is really a core part of a football club's business.

I seem to recall that Ray Ranson played a role in the accounting changes and he made a lot of money out of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.