City's best easter

masterwig

Easter 1995.

City staring at relegation because Horton's team couldn't defend and two tough games against Liverpool at Maine Road on Good Friday then away at eventual champions Blackburn on the Monday night.

We only went and won both. The game at Blackburn was the day I got hooked. It was absolutely lashing it down and we won 3-2 and had a couple disallowed too. Of course at the time it looked like it could hand the rags the title but they choked at West Ham on the final day.

Gaudino scored against Liverpool but didn't play at Blackburn (anyone remember why?).

Have we had a better Easter than that?

Easter 1995.

City staring at relegation because Horton's team couldn't defend and two tough games against Liverpool at Maine Road on Good Friday then away at eventual champions Blackburn on the Monday night.

We only went and won both. The game at Blackburn was the day I got hooked. It was absolutely lashing it down and we won 3-2 and had a couple disallowed too. Of course at the time it looked like it could hand the rags the title but they choked at West Ham on the final day.

Gaudino scored against Liverpool but didn't play at Blackburn (anyone remember why?).

There were only 3 subs allowed in 94-95, and Gaudino was one of those players who tended to fade in the last 20 minutes, and was frequently subbed.

My best guess is that after playing on the Friday, and City facing a difficult fixture at Ewood Park, it was decided to replace Gaudino with a more suitable defensive option.

Not that it worked, because Blackburn scored after about 10 minutes.

Really enjoyed the Liverpool game. Great atmosphere and great goals. I really liked Gaudinio.

Easter 1995.

Astonishingly, that Blackburn game is the last time we won away, in the PL, after trailing at half time.

I went to the Blackburn game, it was fantastic

Anyone remember Charlton at home on Good Friday about 10 years ago? It was 0-0 and fucking dreadful!

I went to the Blackburn game, it was fantastic

Anyone remember Charlton at home on Good Friday about 10 years ago? It was 0-0 and fucking dreadful!

Remember it well. Took my son and daughter to it. She's not been a football fan since!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.