City's best ever goal mouth scramble.... 29 years ago today!

If it was the same ladder it came down from the TV gantry in the Ford stand, landed in the paddock in front - one intrepid City fan had climbed up to the gantry and chucked the ladder down. That was one mental day, also remember the catering hut in the corner between the Rochdale Rd end and the Ford stand getting trashed.

Thanks for the info fella. The "ladder" is still a topic of conversation amongst me and my mates to this day. Will pass this on when we next meet for a beer.

Thanks for the info fella. The "ladder" is still a topic of conversation amongst me and my mates to this day. Will pass this on when we next meet for a beer.

A lot of the trouble in the Ford Stand was caused by hundreds of blues climbing into the seats using the ladder, then the Oldham season ticket holders turned up to find their seats either occupied or on the pitch... cue ensuing bother lol

Remember the Blackpool League Cup tie, late 84? MUEN had a blue in a balaclava on front page next day. I remember skipping work and going on the Pleasure Beach pissed with loads of others. Days you remember forever.

The blackpool 'keeper got pelted with pies after he came out for the second half. A last minute draw was much better those days as we hardly won away for a few years.

Remember the Blackpool League Cup tie, late 84? MUEN had a blue in a balaclava on front page next day. I remember skipping work and going on the Pleasure Beach pissed with loads of others. Days you remember forever.
For the League Cup game we stupidly parked on the bridge just outside the Blackpool end.
After the game we were heading for the car as there was a big mob on the bridge hurling abuse and all sorts at the City fans / coaches below.
At the point we reached the car and them, they all started pogo-ing to "Seasiders Seasiders Seasiders....." and what else could we do but join in!
Took about 15 mins of this before we could safely jump in the car and make our quick exit.

I remember coming out of the end behind the goal one game there and it was mayhem, starting when City fan's started smashing windows. The police horses came in and I remember they wasted no time hitting people with batons.One policewoman had some City fan by the hair and was running him along as she rode the horse, brutal days!

This needs its own thread, something along the lines of "best mayhem/town wrecking/scrapping away days"

The PC brigade won't like it but my best memories of away days are in the 70's & 80's..

Go on, who dares to do it?

Yep shop windows were smashed in at Blackpool..City hooligans day out indeed.i remember Woolworth's got smashed and looted.

One stand out moment for me were the two blokes stood in front of me who'd clearly been on the piss all weekend who kept singing "we're on the march with Billy's army...." They presumably thought it was still 1985!

Banged my knee on a cash barrier when we scored. A weird mixture of joy and pain that I've been trying to recreate sexually for the last 29 years, to no avail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.