City's best ever goal mouth scramble.... 29 years ago today!

One stand out moment for me were the two blokes stood in front of me who'd clearly been on the piss all weekend who kept singing "we're on the march with Billy's army...." They presumably thought it was still 1985!

Banged my knee on a cash barrier when we scored. A weird mixture of joy and pain that I've been trying to recreate sexually for the last 29 years, to no avail.

You'll be pleased to know that this was just before I started watching City away so you can do a "York away" on me ;)

As for the clip, I've seen it before but since MES put it up I can't stop watching the footage - the goalmouth scramble was epic but the celebrations behind the goal were fucking unreal. Now I can watch it with even more interest, knowing you were there and trying to spot you spilling your glass of Chateauneuf-du-pape '87 vintage!

Not sure if already mentioned but the ref looked pretty pleased with that, was half expecting him to take his shirt off there.

You'll be pleased to know that this was just before I started watching City away so you can do a "York away" on me ;)

As for the clip, I've seen it before but since MES put it up I can't stop watching the footage - the goalmouth scramble was epic but the celebrations behind the goal were fucking unreal. Now I can watch it with even more interest, knowing you were there and trying to spot you spilling your glass of Chateauneuf-du-pape '87 vintage!
I think the '87 would have been a bit green in January 1988 ;-)

Wasn't behind the goal, but was on the covered terrace along the side, opposite side to the camera. There was something particularly bleak about Bloomfield Road in that era, at that time of year. Fucking grim, but great memories of that day. I love where we are now, but days like that were also magical in a very different way.

I think the '87 would have been a bit green in January 1988 ;-)

Wasn't behind the goal, but was on the covered terrace along the side, opposite side to the camera. There was something particularly bleak about Bloomfield Road in that era, at that time of year. Fucking grim, but great memories of that day. I love where we are now, but days like that were also magical in a very different way.

I was thinking more of an 1887 vintage myself ;)

Going back to the footage, after watching it via YouTube it then flicked on to another Blackpool game from the same season where they blew a 3 goal lead at home to Gillingham in the last 10 minutes to draw 3-3, with the Gills' goals all coming at that same end we equalised at!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.