City's Spine

Some people assume that because weather and climate are supremely important to them, that they are equally important to everyone else.

They aren't.

People who talk about the English weather impacting on players' choice of location are usually those that don't like the weather here themselves. Why can't they accept that's it's not the be all and end all to everyone?

And that some people actually enjoy the climate (if not the weather) in this country.

Last edited:
Some people assume that because weather and climate are supremely important to them, that they are equally important to everyone else.

They aren't.

People who talk about the English weather impacting on players' choice of location are usually those that don't like the weather here themselves. Why can't they accept that's it's not the be all and end all to everyone?
Another thing that pisses me off is when I hear commentators spin the well worn bullshit that it's always raining in Manchester. Our average rainfall barely puts us in the top 20 of UK cities.

IIRC, Portsmouth & Sheffield were 1 & 2 in the average rainfall stakes. I'd rather be playing my football in Manchester rather than in more sunnier climes like Las Palmas...

I'm surprised people keep talking like this tbh.

When was the last time one of the worlds biggest clubs came and took one of our best players???
For me it was SWP going to Chelsea in 2005.
The only other ones that I can think of are Robinho & Boateng who were not that great anyway!

Liverpool, James Milner.

They aren't.

And that some people actually enjoy the climate (if not the weather) in this country.
Very true, but it's equally true that for some people including some footballers weather does play a role in where they want to live and work

They aren't.

It's a myth that was propagated by rags when they've been snubbed in the past. The only reason they could possibly have been snubbed is because of the British weather.

Very true, but it's equally true that for some people including some footballers weather does play a role in where they want to live and work

WAGS play a huge (some would say MASSIVE) roll in these decisions too, we'd all have to consult with our own girlfriends/partners etc so footballers are no different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.