Civilian paedo *Stings

talkativesprout

*Didn't what else to call them

Having just watched one involving a Hospital employee employed as a clinical audiologist(at a number of Greater Manchester hospitals according to his link'din) and the Police response to the affair i'm confused on my feelings towards them(the Decoy/hunters)

This person thinking he was talking to a 12 yr old girl says some horrid shit sends photo's of his penis, they seem also to have spoken to him on the mobile he sent messages from. He pretty much in my eyes is bang to rights.

What are others views on these hunters?

As a way of gathering evidence are civilians posing as girls better at avoiding smart lawyers by avoiding red tape

are they a detriment to the real upstanding work GMP put into catching these animals?

I think it's great, there's one down here in the Southampton area, that has a facebook page, go by the name of TRAP or T.R.A.P. I think, he's been on tv and radio a lot recently.

Guy called Stinson Hunter from Coventry who has been prolific in the past with catching these monsters.

Good documentary on vice too, can't remember the guy's name on that one. As long as the vigilante's intentions are pure and good I do not see an issue with this. If it keeps some people's kids safe then fair enough.

MES,

The fun part is when Hanson walks around the corner and they immediately know! It's like the paedos are half his TV audience!!

It's not as simple as it sounds and it needs proper clarity and probably legislation to manage it. A lot of these 'stings' are actually failing at court for many reasons, including not being able to get the 'stingers' to come to court, and when they do they unfortunately have been found to be lying a lot about what happened and how they pulled off the sting. Because a statutory body are not behind it, it has to shown how it all came off step by step and that needs testing in court, which doesnt always go well. The other issue is, without either knowing it or without thinking it matters - or believing the means justify the ends perhaps - these stingers are actually committing offences themselves, the same offences technically. This is because they themselves are possessing and sharing indecent images of children, which they send once they have entrapped the perv. They swap images thereby catching them, which is itself illegal.
There is also the issue of whether they are agent provocateur. Law enforcement can do this but under heavy regulation and as part of national operations under heavy scrutiny and review prescribed by law and overseen by surveillance commissioners. Civilian 'stingers' dont know this is so strictly managed and do not have the law to cover them in possessing/sharing the images which they do.
There is also the issue of what happens when the challenge happens. Someone could, havent yet but just devils advocate here, could get really hurt. If someone challenged in a public place like a park, which is normally where it happens, wishes to take himself out and end it all dramatically, they could feasibly hurt an innocent in the process. People have been known to flee to their cars and try to drive them into walls and the like in efforts to top themselves and that could harm others, whereas conventional arrests are better managed to prevent this.
In other words, while they do noble work no doubt, it is simplistic to just say that all is well with it because it isnt, there are huge issues which need proper discussion at govt level, but there is clear resistance to organise it and it needs to happen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.