CL draw - Basel

Pity we don’t have seeding like tennis.

Yes the old guard wouldn't go for that though ;-)

UEFA' official ratings (much like that of FIFAs) are nonsense mathematically but are dumbed down so people can perhaps understand. Then countries such as Poland figure out how to jump up and get a better ranking and WC seeding.

Independent sites such as Clubelo for clubs and http://www.eloratings.net/ for countries are much better.

Isn't there also the splitting of matchdays? I mean they separate Barcelona and Madrid so they don't play on the same day, and probably will do the same with us and Utd? That usually means that once the first 'random' draw takes place some others are narrowed down to only a couple of options?

It's split over 4 gameweeks so that's unlikely to be a problem.

4 ties will play Week 1 and week 4, 2 Tuesday, 2 wednesday
4 ties will play Week 2 and week 5, 2 Tuesday, 2 wednesday

This explains it best

1zwzxms.jpg

What I do like is those rats haven't got an easier option in their possible opponents.
They gave us Basel and we gave them Shakhtar, I know who I'd rather face. They still managed to get beat by the clockmaking cheese eaters as well.
Slightly weighted we get a difficult opponent from the % above. Be happy with anyone but Bayern or Real at this stage of which its a 67% chance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.