CL last 16 draw - Monaco

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by MCFC1993, 23 Nov 2016.

1. Jazzman

Jazzman

This is going to be a very difficult test for us. I trust Pep to set us up tactically well against them. Presumably they want to play ball and that should be to our advantage.

2. bluesmith

bluesmith

Some belting comments in this thread, this is going to be a really tough game.

3. Sleeping_Easy

Sleeping_Easy

This game will be a great chance to see all these players we're being linked with.

Not seen a lot of Monaco this season so don't know a lot about the players we're after but from what I hear they mostly fit the bracket of young and plenty of potential.

4. Tricky_Trev

Tricky_Trev

They have the potential to do to us what PSG did to Barca. They have scored 75 goals in 25 league games, an average of 3 goals EVERY match. PSG, by comparison, have 50 goals, averaging 2 per match. And Monaco concede less than a goal per match on average. Hugely impressive.

5. mancityscot

mancityscot

class side with some seriously impressive talent. reckon there will be goals in both games

6. crystal_mais

crystal_mais

Having seen Barca get ripped to shreds last night - makes me fearful around these games. We gonna need some steel or I can see us getting out muscled and countered to fuck

7. Bluep*ss

Bluep*ss

Totally agree.
    Monaco will be no push-overs.
    They are top of La Ligue, 3 points clear of PSG with a 20 goals difference advantage over them at +52 versus +32 and that is some statement of intent. They have a young African striker who is scoring for fun and Falcao who is looking to be not far off his one time best.

8. Father Paul

Father Paul

I hope your right. However, you may wish to think again about your views on French football after last nights CL action.

9. Bobbyespania

Bobbyespania

Watched the PSG v Monaco game here in Thailand and Bernardo Silva is well worth a punt for city in the summer transfer window, very talented.

10. TonyM

TonyM

The fact that they are flying may lead them to be too confident going into the game and hopefully a lot less confident after 5 mins and our first goal scored.