CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

That's why I hope we go and do it. This 'City has a dodgy defence and can be got it' narrative has seeped into the basic sports journalism and poor commentary that we are all used to. I would love us to go to the theatre of European nights and just block the fuckers out. Just because we havent had to defend doesnt mean we cant do it, we can. Prove it at Klanfield, and then show them our side of it at home. I may be fantasising the dream scenario here, I know that, but this would be great.
We have the best defensive record in the Prem - 20 conceded to Manure's 23. We operate on the basis that attack is the best form of defence - we don't ever have to do conventional defending for extended periods. We have so much of the ball that no team has put us under constant pressure - we gifted Liverpool their goals. Only Barca, Madrid and Bayern are capable of hitting us with wave after wave of attacks.

I do not buy this 'Raheem has yet to play well at Anfield so let's not pick him' thing. Can anyone really imagine Pep saying to Raheem 'You haven't had a good game at Anfield yet so, even though you've scored twenty-odd goals you're not playing.' The only reasons Pep wouldn't pick him would be tactics and the form of Bernardo. The words 'Self fulfilling prophesy' spring to mind. I get the impression that Pep's more concerned about the future than who may or may not have played well against such and such a team in the last two and a half years.

Last edited:
I see the BBC media wankfest and delusional dippers are comparing Salah to Messi!!!
I nearly wet myself with laughter.

I do not buy this 'Raheem has yet to play well at Anfield so let's not pick him' thing. Can anyone really imagine Pep saying to Raheem 'You haven't had a good game at Anfield yet so, even though you've scored twenty-odd goals you're not playing.' The only reasons Pep wouldn't pick him would be tactics and the form of Bernardo. The words 'Self fulfilling prophesy' spring to mind. I get the impression that Pep's more concerned about the future than who may or may not have played well against such and such a team in the last two and a half years.

I agree 100%
Going by that I’m surprised Arsenal even bothered turning up at Anfield in 89 as they hadn’t won there in around 15 years.
Pointless argument

The crap coming out of that place is unbelievable and it's only just over 24hrs since the draw. Just think what it'll be like by matchday. Klopp hasn't set a good example either with his comments about Txiki. An alien landing & reading their bullshit would think it's them running away with the League. It'll all come back to bite them. Just keep our own counsel and get the job done City. Then we can gloat, big time. Remember 2014
What comments?

Was beginning to worry a bit about this tie so I thought I’d look at it logically. I’ve decided to combine the best dipper players with the best city players and come up with a best combined 11. It looks like this:
Ederson
Walker
Ota
Kompany
Mendy
Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Merlin
Sane
Aguero
Sterling

Manager Pep

Therefore the logical conclusion is that we’re gonna dick the mouth frothing, shell suit wearing, hub cap stealing, moustachioed perm fuckers into next week
To be fair Salah would get in that team.

Most baffling thing in football is history against certain opponents every club has a bogey team or so Regardless of who the manager is the players are However records are there to be broken and this season that’s exactly what City is doing maybe we have saved the Anfield bogey for this game I’m confident we will
Old Trafford, Arsenal, Goodison and Stoke are a few grounds where we’ve started winning recently. It’s time to start winning at Anfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.