CL stand closures v BMG and Celtic

You've completely missed the point- you can not safely have opposing fans above/below each other.

They do it in Europe and we have to sit there looking through wire cages, nets or in the case of Barcelona a ripped net and lighters/coins reigning down on fans below.
I seriously doubt City fans in SL2 would throw stuff on to away fans. If you had it the other way around it might happen. For a derby, just stick a line of stewards in row 1 of Tier 2. I've been sat below away fans loads of times. And next to them. My seat at North Stand was right next to away fans. There was usually a little spacing of netting but not when we played Millwall that day. They just threw the netting away and sat right next to us, just one waist high concrete wall between. That was some day.

Its clearly a badly worded email from city and must mean the ss3 is closed to city fans.
Uefa rules state......

All clubs in the competition must make at least 5% of the total capacity of their stadium available exclusively to visiting supporters, in a segregated, safe area. In addition, visiting clubs are entitled to purchase up to 200 top-category tickets (unless otherwise agreed between the two clubs in question) for their VIP supporters, sponsors, etc. See Articles 16

With a reduced capacity of around 52000 that means we have to give away fans minimum 2600 no way would Celtic or borrrusia accept a reduced number given there huge travelling support and you wouldn't get 2600 in the narrowed levels 1 and 2.
I suspect the safe environment means that is city's attempt to get all the away fans together rather than scattered around the ground as we've seen on previous euro nights.
Cant see anyway city would even contemplate closing a stand for the Celtic game especially which would sell out easily

It will probably be open at a later date if demand dictates it. I suppose with the Celtic game they will try to make it as difficult as possible for away fans to get tickets which would be increased if 53k tickets were available and home suppirters showing little interest
Is exactly what I think
We are reducing supply to hopefully increase demand for home fans

I seriously doubt City fans in SL2 would throw stuff on to away fans. If you had it the other way around it might happen. For a derby, just stick a line of stewards in row 1 of Tier 2. I've been sat below away fans loads of times. And next to them. My seat at North Stand was right next to away fans. There was usually a little spacing of netting but not when we played Millwall that day. They just threw the netting away and sat right next to us, just one waist high concrete wall between. That was some day.
99% of City fans wouldn't. A line of stewards won't stop 1% of several thousand.
You'd also get the corporate johnnies in the second tier getting hit by stuff thrown from the third tier.

if it means we get all of level one then its a good thing imo. less away fans in the home sections and a better atmosphere in our own full standing end

Fucking hell what have we become. Mercenary fans to do our atmosphere now.

Saw this coming in 11/12 as singing fans started to get priced out in favour of tourists and day-trippers that will splash £6.50 out for a pie ffs. Kippax corner gradually got quieter each season and now I'm lucky to hear anything from them in a game. Things like this genuinely make me want us to go back to being shit again - too late now though. Suppose however you get the success your fanbase changes and we're in sport to compete but fuck me, what has happened to us. A glass tunnel ffs.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

the borussia game is 15 quid ? you can't blame tourists or the price if its shit noise wise. the majority of people stood in the corner or the south stand aren't tourists yet its still quiet as anything ...... why dont you move to the singing sections and get singing.

Is exactly what I think
We are reducing supply to hopefully increase demand for home fans

Also for the Celtic game tickets are going to be limited to those with a purchasing history. It makes sense to try and sell out a reduced capacity and dependent upon how low the points have gone in the Cityzens list then make a decision.

Also for the Celtic game tickets are going to be limited to those with a purchasing history. It makes sense to try and sell out a reduced capacity and dependent upon how low the points have gone in the Cityzens list then make a decision.
Yep, even if a lot depends on the game City can restrict sales to those with ticket points
And people have been complaining for years about away fans in the home end

You can see why people get pissed off with the ticket decisions.

I rang the club 3 weeks ago to come out of the CL scheme but the lad stayed in. We plan to share the ticket. I come back from holiday to find they have taken not one, not two but three lots of £15 for that first game against Steau.

I then have an email today stating that I have purchased two tickets for Gladbach but will be relocated. Me in SS1 and the lad in CB3. How ridiculous is that.

So we ideally wanted one ticket for each game in SS3 and costing £30 for the first two games.

I end up being charged £75, relocated and being split up, even if we actually wanted two tickets!

They are just incompetent and its pisses me off that I now have to waste more time holding on the phone trying to sort it out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.