CL stand closures v BMG and Celtic

If that. It was like that with real madrid. loads of empty seats in the away end.

Problem with the Champions league games is that somehow loads of tourists or away fans end up in home end. It was like that with Steaua. A lot had tickets in home ends, and then when they got to turnstiles they were refused entry with their colours on, and had to go and queue up again at the away end. That's what the steward in my block was telling me anyway.

I think it's a good idea to give Celtic and the Borussia 6,000. That way we should get City fans in the home end, and away fans in the away end, and have a fantastic atmosphere in the process.

I don't like the away fans having a narrow strip down one side of South Stand over 3 tiers. Destroys the atmosphere that away fans create - which is usually how the home fans respond - bouncing off them. I have heard loads of away fans complain about it being a crap stand for away fans.

why do we need away fans just to sing ?? why not just support our team. the majority of bouncing off the away fans usually is chants like , you have your day out.... which doesnt contribute to any atmosphere. we should have our own singing end who gives one where the away fans are.

Been up there twice, once for the PSG game. Best atmosphere in the ground. The club have got this wrong.

personally id rather have an entire standing/ singing end behind the goal. the majority of games level 3 dont make much noise, unless its big games. i think they've got it right.

why do we need away fans just to sing ?? why not just support our team. the majority of bouncing off the away fans usually is chants like , you have your day out.... which doesnt contribute to any atmosphere. we should have our own singing end who gives one where the away fans are.
It's just the way it is. All the best fans (noise wise) always go to where the away fans go. Was like that on the Kippax. Away fans would be in the cage. You had the whole Kippax to stand on, but always stood right next them whilst Leeds went mental in their cage -that was fun. Young football fans now don't know what they missed out on. The equivalent group today don't go, or not in the same numbers and that's part of the reason why football has become sanitised and quiet.

It's just the way it is. All the best fans (noise wise) always go to where the away fans go. Was like that on the Kippax. Away fans would be in the cage. You had the whole Kippax to stand on, but always stood right next them whilst Leeds went mental in their cage -that was fun. Young football fans now don't know what they missed out on. The equivalent group today don't go, or not in the same numbers and that's part of the reason why football has become sanitised and quiet.

i agree with that mate, but i just dont think we need away fans to being to get behind the team. besides we've had aways fans situated next to our ' noisy' fans for years now and the atmosphere is rubbish. we have more then enough people to sing / chant. we have two singing sections, an entire end stood up . The majority of people stood in the singing sections are male, barely any tourists swell. surely we can sing :0 )

Yep, even if a lot depends on the game City can restrict sales to those with ticket points
And people have been complaining for years about away fans in the home end

It seems a sensible course of action by the club particularly as the Celtic game could be a dead rubber leaving little appetite for a game just before Christmas, which always suffers from reduced demand.

You've completely missed the point- you can not safely have opposing fans above/below each other.

They do it in Europe and we have to sit there looking through wire cages, nets or in the case of Barcelona a ripped net and lighters/coins reigning down on fans below.

I've been in many stadium in this country watching city where that is the case?

So pissed off with this. I was one of thousands of loyal fans who relocated to the 3rd tier of the South Stand in our "newly expanded Etihad Stadium" and signed up for cup schemes.
For my loyalty now, I am turfed out to sit/stand in a shity low level seat because either we want to give the opposition an advantage, because we are incapable as a club of marketing tickets for the biggest club completion in the world or because our fan base is a total myth and we shouldn't have bothered expanding the stadium.
One of the reasons I relocated from the middle tier was because I was getting turfed out of my seat there so a UEFA flags waving kid and his parent could be accomodated.
Really fucked off with the type of people/so called fans I'm seeing every week now at games and the Bollox of people arriving late, thinking more about a half time drink and bolting for the exit gates with 10 minutes to go despite the score.
When I hear people taking the piss about the empty seats there really is no defence. I watch other games in the prem and simply do not see this issue.
As a club we are getting so much right but maybe we are getting the most important thing wrong.

personally id rather have an entire standing/ singing end behind the goal. the majority of games level 3 dont make much noise, unless its big games. i think they've got it right.

The sound comes across much louder from the top tier, the singing section would have worked much better up there in my opinion. There's a small group at the back that I can hear more than the bottom tier but I am sat in the gods tbf

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.