Claims to fame

Flew Blondie to L.A. for their first US gig when they made their comeback with Maria.
Sat next to Shirley Manson (Scottish, lead singer, Garbage) on a flight the night after they had appeared on Saturday Night Live, which was their first big American TV gig.
Had the real Rainman do his thing with me, asking me when I was born and him telling me what day it was an what other things have happened on that date in history, etc..
Met Gordon Brown (introduced by his bodyguard) in San Francisco and flew him to L.A. His son, Alistair, is a Blue and was wearing a City top!
Got a ride in the front seat of Freddie Pye's (old City director) Rolls Royce from the man himself.
Peter Barnes came to our house for a charity event.
I was visiting Ken Barnes one day at City and Denis Law came in and told me what a brilliant man my Dad was. Talk about respecting your father?!
Went on stage and backstage at my first U2 concert (Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, 1983 or 4??) and got handfuls of drumsticks and an Irish flag signed by the band.
Met Muhammad Ali. One of my favorite moments of all time, because he truly is The Greatest!

P.S. I didn't meet Harrison Ford, but then I have landed on the correct runway, and not the taxiway, at Santa Ana, Orange County Airport! :-)

P.P.S. I have flown all over the world and STILL haven't joined the Mile High Club, but had one of those "incidents" on my plane last month! :-(

One of the benefits of the L1011 was the downstairs galley ;-)

One of the benefits of the L1011 was the downstairs galley ;-)
One of the downsides of the 737 (my current gig) is there isn't enough room to turn around in the new NG forward lavs, let alone get two people in there. Closest I've come is an A330 mid cabin lav, which was definitely big enough, but a little too busy for the missus on that TransAtlantic trip! The 747-400 lower bunk is ideal, but the 60 yr old fat blokes I was usually sharing the bunk room with probably didn't fancy it! Hahaha! After all, they all had 14 18 yr old Phillipino maids waiting for them in HKG!!

Never had the pleasure of the L1011. Ah, the good old days! ;-)

One of the downsides of the 737 (my current gig) is there isn't enough room to turn around in the new NG forward lavs, let alone get two people in there. Closest I've come is an A330 mid cabin lav, which was definitely big enough, but a little too busy for the missus on that TransAtlantic trip! The 747-400 lower bunk is ideal, but the 60 yr old fat blokes I was usually sharing the bunk room with probably didn't fancy it! Hahaha! After all, they all had 14 18 yr old Phillipino maids waiting for them in HKG!!

Never had the pleasure of the L1011. Ah, the good old days! ;-)
My BA mates refer to their maids as LBFMs and swear they are all 20+

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.