Claudio Bravo - 2016/2017 performances (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly he is playing with no confidence at the moment. Not being helped by his defenders as most of the goals come from players having a couple of extra seconds to get their shots off. I know he gets paid very well and it shouldn't matter but I think he is not feeling love from anywhere at the moment. Perhaps we should all make a concerted effort on Saturday to support him? It used to be a given that we City fans would support our players, some never deserved it but got it anyway - Bravo's been here for 5 minutes and maybe if he felt he had the support of the fans he would get back to the form that he had for both Barca and his national team, he looks bewildered by it all which can't be good for his performances. Always move forward and I think too many on here fuel the hysteria wanted by the media.

Clearly he is playing with no confidence at the moment. Not being helped by his defenders as most of the goals come from players having a couple of extra seconds to get their shots off. I know he gets paid very well and it shouldn't matter but I think he is not feeling love from anywhere at the moment. Perhaps we should all make a concerted effort on Saturday to support him? It used to be a given that we City fans would support our players, some never deserved it but got it anyway - Bravo's been here for 5 minutes and maybe if he felt he had the support of the fans he would get back to the form that he had for both Barca and his national team, he looks bewildered by it all which can't be good for his performances. Always move forward and I think too many on here fuel the hysteria wanted by the media.
Absolutely agree. I think the media gets its fuel from here at times

Here's something interesting in the BBC analysis and breakdown:

Claudio Bravo (Man City)
Expected goals conceded 16.3
Actual goals conceded 23
Deficit 6.7

It gets worse for Bravo when Opta focus on his current eight-game run that has seen him concede 14 goals from 22 shots on target.
"Of those 22 shots, we get an 'Expected Goals' figure of 7.33.
Which means that prior to the Chelsea game, he actually was doing better than expected. He'd conceded fewer goals than he should have.

So his bad form actually only dates back to the 3rd of December, prior to that he was conceding fewer goals than expected.

2 of those 8 games were clean sheets, and he wasn't to blame for the goals scored vs. Liverpool or Arsenal so he's basically had 4 bad games, 1 of which we won.

I hope the Colin Bell stand are behind him, but he does not deserve to have the North or South Stands behind him.

who mentioned Hart?

what happens to our ex players is no real interest to me.

however you are implying they may be of equal footing which says to me we have in fact not got an upgrade after all.

Who mentioned Hart? I did.

I didn't imply any such thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.