Claudio Bravo - 2016/2017 performances (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually embarrassing now. I've said before we have a goalkeeper that doesn't make saves and at the time I was implying that he doesn't make "big saves". Now he actually doesn't make any saves. Apparently that's 14 conceded from the last 21 shots on goal, absolutely disgusting.

I do worry the fans will lose patience and turn on him.
He was/is a good goalie, but jas been brought in at the wrong time, the defense is not tuned to Peps system and also not top 4 standard anymore.
If we wanted a keeper of his style we should have remodelled the defence first, until then we should have kept Joe.
Willy has to start v spurs for Bravos own sake, as any fuck up will see the fans get on his case methinks.

Fit in to what? I don't see a system. We pass the ball a lot but the identity has been ripped out of the side. Our entire club is at risk of being built round a fraud. That's one of the worst performances I've seen in years. Even worse than against relegation fighters Leicester. I'm sick of hearing about these keepers who play out. What? Pass a ball 5 yards to their defender which puts us under pressure more often than not. It's not just the keeper but it must be hard for defenders knowing every shot on target goes in.

First time today where i thought he was genuinely poor.

Didn't lay a glove on anything and at some point, for his own and the sides sake he needs to be rested and Willy given a go.

So are we blaming him goals that weren't his fault?

All four were down to him, the difficulty comes when its fair to say the defenders hardly shone (Though having him behind them is obviously undermining confidence), but in all honesty I would expect a pub team goalie to have saved them.

He has been given the benefit of the doubt by many all season, but after today the verdict can only be one of immediate replacement, waste of time talking about selling him because I seriously doubt there is any team in the UK who would even take him on loan.

No but popular consensus is that great teams are built from the back and have a strong spine.... which both start with the keeper

So were the goals today his fault? 4th was horrendous. 3rd - I'm not sure and certainly I'd point the finger at at least 3 other players before i got to bravo.
But it's interesting that today he's getting absolutely slated when - as one example - aguero was absolutely abject and doesn't get anything like the attention.

If I was to list the players at fault for today's result/performance then bravo would be at least 6th on the list.

Fit in to what? I don't see a system. We pass the ball a lot but the identity has been ripped out of the side. Our entire club is at risk of being built round a fraud. That's one of the worst performances I've seen in years. Even worse than against relegation fighters Leicester. I'm sick of hearing about these keepers who play out. What? Pass a ball 5 yards to their defender which puts us under pressure more often than not. It's not just the keeper but it must be hard for defenders knowing every shot on target goes in.

This. We have bet our entire season on the opposition letting us do as we want, passing it out from the back, nice triangles between the keeper and defence, Bravo playing between the lines etc. The reality is opposition managers have quickly realised that you can let our defence/keeper have it because they won't do fuck all with it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.