Claudio Bravo signing confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although iv always maintained I believe Joe could be capable of playing in any style, I definitely agree that using Wednesday as any kind of yard stick is wrong, there was close to no pressure on him at all. Willy's games may not of been great performances, as he says, but the lad must be under great pressure himself with all this circus around Hart.
Perhaps, but Joe's had over a year to try and adapt. We knew about Pep coming in, and his preferred style of play at least a year ago. To think that an employee of the club wasn't aware of this even sooner is absolute naivety in the extreme. We as fans do not have a clearer picture than the club and it's employees, despite what we may think. We don't train and converse with these people day in day out. We merely pick up media snippets (most of which have very little foundation). Joe seems to have decided that he doesn't want to adapt - which he's quite entitled to do. However, if he has chosen to do things his way then he has to to be prepared to accept the consequences should it go tits up.

Perhaps, but Joe's had over a year to try and adapt. We knew about Pep coming in, and his preferred style of play at least a year ago. To think that an employee of the club wasn't aware of this even sooner is absolute naivety in the extreme. We as fans do not have a clearer picture than the club and it's employees, despite what we may think. We don't train and converse with these people day in day out. We merely pick up media snippets (most of which have very little foundation). Joe seems to have decided that he doesn't want to adapt - which he's quite entitled to do. However, if he has chosen to do things his way then he has to to be prepared to accept the consequences should it go tits up.

I agree verbatim, as grateful for Joe as i have been many a time he is/was at best comfortable and at worst unwilling/unable to change, neither reflects well when you look at it in the cold light of day. I have no issue with Joe at all really but nobody can say it is wrong to suggest he should have seen this coming and tried to adapt as a highly paid pro. It could be argued it is was in his personal ergo professional interest to do so thus being seen as a lack of desire to push himself more, something Pep would see as a huge red mark. The alternative is worse, he never saw he had to change/adapt.

Joe has a lot of great attributes and is a fine keeper, his failings unfortunately though are areas pep will never compromise on, not one bit, ever!

It just seems mad. Surely it's not purely about respect. Making Nasri train on his own for being overweight will have hurt him more than losing his squad number. Maybe there's a logistical reason for it. Not sure what though. I'm still not having it that squad numbers is the reason Bravo isn't playing on Sunday. If Gundogan was fit do you think he'd be held back until the number 8 shirt was available? Of course not.
Agreed . Just give him 08 as zero has no value ;)

It just seems mad. Surely it's not purely about respect. Making Nasri train on his own for being overweight will have hurt him more than losing his squad number. Maybe there's a logistical reason for it. Not sure what though. I'm still not having it that squad numbers is the reason Bravo isn't playing on Sunday. If Gundogan was fit do you think he'd be held back until the number 8 shirt was available? Of course not.

No he would probably play in a different number I.e. 16 but he is injured and the situation looks like it's falling into place. As far as Bravo goes, for the sake of 1 game to keep joe and Bravo happy it is silly but it could have been a contract demand of Bravo to wear #1

Do Chile have any games in the international break? I am just wondering if he has to jet off somewhere shortly and we are not risking breaking everything up at the back until he has had a while training with the centre halfs inverted backs etc?

Do Chile have any games in the international break? I am just wondering if he has to jet off somewhere shortly and we are not risking breaking everything up at the back until he has had a while training with the centre halfs inverted backs etc?
They have a game against Paraguay on 2/9 if I remember correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.