Clown car defending

I think the difference with these players under Pep will be cataclysmic - I really do.
From all reports Pep is a total obsessive regarding coaching, drills, tactics, formations, work rate etc.
That is the complete opposite of the current incumbent in charge. Some of these players are far from poor players.
What they are is very poorly coached and motivated. It was all there to see yesterday in all of its glory. Unfortunately.

I watched about 80% of the games (all on tv of course) that Barca played under Pep and I've read Pep Confidential so I have a good idea what to expect of Pep and I damned sure that he needs some changes to the squad to have a cataclysmic impact. I would expect him to get more out of the same resources as Pellers but I think he would still face a lot of the issues that have hampered Pellegrini this season.

I never paid attention to otamendi in la liga but was he the same type of player when it comes to defending ?
Front footed and never worried about the defensive positions behind him?

Fuckin hell I just read this thread
and wonder why the fuck you follow at all

In reality, Peps best option is to start with a defensively tight formation and when proved to be solid to gradually expand on it. Let's see how good Pep actually is - if he adopts this option I admit I will be impressed.

Is this how far we've regressed? Our previous manager had to do the very same back in 2009-2010.

Are you suggesting all his formational and strategic work has been undone to our detriment?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.