Club Badge (merged)

I'd be happy with any of Geekin Gav's creations
Yeah he's come up with some good ones. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of our current badge, and I'd like to see us change it - but thinking logistically it's not going to happen in the next few years. I don't think we'd start re-branding the club now, 7 years after the Sheik bought us, if he wanted to do it, it'd already be done!

Doesnt MCRJON only post about stuff that is happening? So maybe something will be happening in the future.

I liked the ship but not the rose. I was delighted when we switched to the eagle because to be it signified a Phoenix.

Maybe we should just have a smiley face? Remind us to smile no matter what.

I think our current badge has become iconic in itself since it's launch in 1997.

It has seen us through some dire days until post 2008 when things started to change.

Whether you don't like the mock latin sentiments or the Barclays bank eagle thing it has become identifiable with us now.

As much as I grew up with the small circular circa 70's badge I think we have moved on and that's the way we are branded now.

I think our current badge has become iconic in itself since it's launch in 1997.

It has seen us through some dire days until post 2008 when things started to change.

Whether you don't like the mock latin sentiments or the Barclays bank eagle thing it has become identifiable with us now.

As much as I grew up with the small circular circa 70's badge I think we have moved on and that's the way we are branded now.

I don't mind the eagle if i'm honest. But the stars mean nothing and are a constant source of ridicule

I think Gav actually made up new interpretations of the badge incorporating the eagle, maybe that would be an option

Just because he knows a bit to do with some transfers doesn't mean he knows anything about this. If there is going to be a change in the next few years we'd be flooded with CityView questionnaires about what would make a good club badge, it wouldn't be something they did behind closed doors and just announced out of the blue.

Unfortunately, even if we were to change the badge, it would go to some stupid Cityzens competition where some pillock from Suffolk gets to create a newer, even shitter badge, that has less to do with our club than this one! Change isn't always a good thing!

mcrjon obviously has good links,he doesn't post a lot but when he does its usually stuff with substance.

Someone posted something in another thread the other day saying we were going back to a round badge in line with Melbourne and New York, a cross between old and current. Can't remember which thread.

mcrjon obviously has good links,he doesn't post a lot but when he does its usually stuff with substance.
This has been an ongoing thing for quite some time now, I hope I'm wrong, but it isn't the type of thing the club would do out of the blue. The entire brand is hinged on our badge/logo, multi million pound deals have been made for the use of a badge that has seen us compete in Europe and win the league twice - it could negatively affect our global awareness which would be detrimental to the work our board have put in over the past couple of years. Why would they change the badge now, after they've forged all these new partnerships rather than before?

The idea of changing it now screams of inexperience in global marketing and brand awareness, which doesn't sound like City to me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.