Pablo Zabaleta

What a perfect send off for the best professional I have seen at this club or anywhere in a bloody long time.

He is that well respected that even the match officials went to him at the final whistle to shake his hand. Well I'm sure they did unless I was too pissed.

Will miss him - although I do feel he just doesn't have the legs to play the way we want anymore.

Hope he comes back in a coaching, ambassador or even TV pundit role

DACdBujW0AEgX6E.jpg

Thought the fans were great. A very moving send-off. Reminded me a bit of Colin Bell's comeback match. It shows that our fans can respond when they feel a true connection with a player and reminded me why I love this club.

Karen, Where's that pic from Please?
so I can put it on my season card for next year.

V.K. giving Zab a man hug, & handing over the captains armband to him after being subbed on Tuesday night,

Arguably two of the 4 most iconic players to wear a City shirt, in the last 30 years, together as team mates, in a competive match at the Etihad, for one last time.

I was in floods...

Last edited:
Is there a pic of V.K. giving Zab a man hug, & handing over the captains armband to him after being subbed on Tuesday night, so I can put it on my season card for next year.
Arguably two of the 4 most iconic players to wear a City shirt, in the last 30 years, together as team mates, in a competive match at the Etihad, for one last time.

I was in floods...

Karen, Where's that pic from please
It was on city's twitter page https://twitter.com/ManCity?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

I'm sure someone will be able to get you the one pic you want,i wouldn't know where to look

Actually thinking about it i think that pic is from vinny handing over to zabba before going off

As a supporter of nearly 40 years,ive witnessed plenty of players come and go,and i can honstly say none have quite left an impression like this man.

He has totally embraced not only our club,but also our City,and our culture,he is genuinely one of us and i would imagine every single Blue,who has watched him literally bleed for our cause over the past 9 years,ould not have been emotionally affected by that final appearance and his subsequent heartfelt words.

True Blue Legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.