Club statement regarding Barry Bennell's conviction

Gary Cliffe just being interviewed on Sky News. Man city officials knew exactly what was going on but just buried their heads in the sand.
Did they "know exactly" he was abusing kids or was there just a suspicion that something wasn't right?

Did anyone, particularly one of the affected boys, specifically say to City that he was abusing them?

I'm not trying absolve City of responsibility but there's a lot of people saying "We knew he was a wrong 'un" but what did they actually know and what did they do about it?

Did they "know exactly" he was abusing kids or was there just a suspicion that something wasn't right?

Did anyone, particularly one of the affected boys, specifically say to City that he was abusing them?

I'm not trying absolve City of responsibility but there's a lot of people saying "We knew he was a wrong 'un" but what did they actually know and what did they do about it?

I honestly don't know. I'd like to think the club official's didnt just ignore claims made by young kids that they'd been abused.

Its just one big shitstorm.

I find it very hard to contemplate that many or any City officials knew exactly what Bennell was doing and continued to do business with him. However, something was amiss and we need City's own investigation to throw some light on this.

My Sunday league team played his team in 87/88 and I heard parents from our team saying he was a nonce and a pervert. I wonder if said parents regret not coming forward back and reporting it. Very sad and horrific what that twat horrible horrible **** of a human being has done. I hope everyday in prison he gets raped, tortured and battered until he's stone cold dead. Bastard.

It has been said a lot here but it is true times and people's attitudes then were vastly different to now. You only have to look at sentencing for historic offences, they have to follow the guidelines in place at that time. When you consider the police ignored claims made against Cyril Smith and Jimmy Saville you can understand how rumours were not followed up or taken seriously even if they were reported. You would like to think society is more enlightened now but the Rochdale abuse scandal show's it probably isn't.

Apologies if this is a dumb or already answered question (I don't enjoy reading these threads sadly) but why is the trial in Liverpool and not Manchester?

What people need to remember is that this bloke was not even approaching ‘normal’. I’m always a bit surprised by how surprised people are that these blokes get jobs or positions that involve working with kids; it’s what they do. I’d imagine the further back in time you go, the easier it is them to operate, although with the other one sentenced today, maybe it’s still not that difficult.
He’s been described as a ‘master manipulator’ by the police and with good cause. He not only manipulated the victims but many of their families as well. Sadly I’d imagine pulling the wool over club officials eyes, was probably a piece of cake for him.

It was common knowledge among the kids, calling his team “Bennell’s bum boys” etc, there's no way none of this didn't filter through to those at the top, so rather than throw the book at him and bring City’s name into disrepute, they moved him on due to “irregularities “ would they have got rid of their golden goose without good reason?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.