Club statement regarding Barry Bennell's conviction

Usually, no smoke without fire, a scout leader of mine had whispers about his behaviour amongst parents, ten years later I heard he was in prison for abusing kids in his charge.Changed times nowadays which is good for our kids.Never trust anyone was what I was always taught.

Apologies if this is a dumb or already answered question (I don't enjoy reading these threads sadly) but why is the trial in Liverpool and not Manchester?
Usually high profile cases are not in areas where crimes were committed to prevent disorder

Gang stuff the same

My Sunday league team played his team in 87/88 and I heard parents from our team saying he was a nonce and a pervert. I wonder if said parents regret not coming forward back and reporting it.
And this is one of the points I’m trying to make. People at that level clearly knew something was amiss. Do they not share some responsibility? Did teachers know or have suspicions? Other coaches or parents? Why is it only City, where he was never a full-time employee (although he clearly had some sort of relationship with the club or people in it)?

And the other point, which has also been made, is that times were different back then and attitudes towards this sort of behaviour seem to have drawn a line between ‘strangers’ and people who were trusted. It was like it was almost an occupational hazard of being a kid.

And this is one of the points I’m trying to make. People at that level clearly knew something was amiss. Do they not share some responsibility? Did teachers know or have suspicions? Other coaches or parents? Why is it only City, where he was never a full-time employee (although he clearly had some sort of relationship with the club or people in it)?

And the other point, which has also been made, is that times were different back then and attitudes towards this sort of behaviour seem to have drawn a line between ‘strangers’ and people who were trusted. It was like it was almost an occupational hazard of being a kid.

There did seem to be a lot more strange men who liked a cuddle and had doubts about them going back 30 years ago. I was never ever abused thankfully but 3 teachers who taught me and 1 boys brigade leader and 1 bloke on my road who I knew well all jailed for horrendous offences. And yet everyone kind of knew about all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
A disgusting, vile and sick bastard.
I hope he gets what is coming to him in prison but no doubt he will be segregated for his own safety.

I hope his victims get some sort of closure knowing that he will never see the outside world again and that he will not be in a position to harm anyone else in the future.

Its been said numerous times already but in those days, the dirty old man and perv was well known to all but it never went further than that.

Times have changed and whilst im pleased the club is investigating and taking it seriously i will be pissed off if we cop for any serious flak over a man everyone seemingly knew was a wrong one, especially when he wasnt even on our payroll.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.