Cold calling and DPA

Why would you need to answer DPA question before they could tell you what it was for? I would have hung up.
A guy who works on a call centre told me the conections are automated so on a cold call if you answer but don't speak their system will automatically hang up, if it is someone actually looking for you then they would speak

Im ringing about the accident you had... .. Yes
Have you had this accident in the last 3 years.. .. Yes

Forty five minutes of chatting utter shite tell them you have just made everything up and it was an absolute pleasure to waste their time.
Amen Brothers:

Dont like cold calling, sign up for TPS, its free and if the cold callers are set up correctly with a modern telephone exchange system, then they wont bother you, if they arent set up properly then its a very good sign they are either a very small company at best or dodgy as fuck at worst.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html

Weird that I am registered on there and I still get those type of calls from time to time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.