Collect your P45 Hughes

forevercity said:

Sorry I cant agree with this and will explain why....

We are currently a team in transition - hughes is trying to mould his team. Now I know that you personally despise hughes forever but why??? If you analyse our team player by player, we are not good enough at the minute to be winning at blackburn away.

The whole of the defence (your best mate included) is not good enough for where we want to go. Hart will be in a few years with more experience etc but his distribution is really really poor. He cannot seem to find a blue shirt with either a kick or a throw. Zab is the best we have got at the back and I was impressed with Ned when he was on.

Truthfully though ask yourself this - how many of our starting 11 would get in the top 5 sides in the premiership, then when you have your answer, you will see the massive job hughes has got and that he is rebuilding.

In response to yesterday, yes it wasnt the greatest game in the world BUT we played well early 10-15 when we should have had a pen and scored and the last 15 when we played really well. OK thats not really good enough I agree but lets not forget, Blackburn are playing really well under Big Sam in Big Sams Style (Ugly football). They had also not conceded a goal and at the end of the day are professional footballers. You have to accept that they will have periods in the game when they are on top. You cant seem to graspe this and expect city to go out and dominate every game for 90 mins - not going to happen ever.

Look at united v stoke - united were 2nd best for the majority of that game, but had the better players. Do you see what im getting at.

I enjoy reading your posts and will do in the future but maybe take a step back before your next rant at Hughes. He played the best 11 he could have yesterday and to be fair, the players performed only at beginning and end.

coxtheblue said:
forevercity said:

We are currently a team in transition - hughes is trying to mould his team. Now I know that you personally despise hughes forever but why??? If you analyse our team player by player, we are not good enough at the minute to be winning at blackburn away.

The whole of the defence (your best mate included) is not good enough for where we want to go. Hart will be in a few years with more experience etc but his distribution is really really poor. He cannot seem to find a blue shirt with either a kick or a throw. Zab is the best we have got at the back and I was impressed with Ned when he was on.

Truthfully though ask yourself this - how many of our starting 11 would get in the top 5 sides in the premiership, then when you have your answer, you will see the massive job hughes has got and that he is rebuilding.

In response to yesterday, yes it wasnt the greatest game in the world BUT we played well early 10-15 when we should have had a pen and scored and the last 15 when we played really well. OK thats not really good enough I agree but lets not forget, Blackburn are playing really well under Big Sam in Big Sams Style (Ugly football). They had also not conceded a goal and at the end of the day are professional footballers. You have to accept that they will have periods in the game when they are on top. You cant seem to graspe this and expect city to go out and dominate every game for 90 mins - not going to happen ever.

Look at united v stoke - united were 2nd best for the majority of that game, but had the better players. Do you see what im getting at.

I enjoy reading your posts and will do in the future but maybe take a step back before your next rant at Hughes. He played the best 11 he could have yesterday and to be fair, the players performed only at beginning and end.

Thanks for the good post mate. Upon reflection, it was wrong of me to post this thread. I have had a change of heart and thought that hughes isnt THAT bad and he deserves time.

BRING ON JAN!!

forevercity said:
coxtheblue said:
forevercity said:

Thanks for the good post mate. Upon reflection, it was wrong of me to post this thread. I have had a change of heart and thought that hughes isnt THAT bad and he deserves time.

BRING ON JAN!!

I think that we all have to take a step back. Over the past weeks, there have been threads about who we will buy; some outrageous suggestions have been made on here and yes it is nice to believe that we will buy the world's best but we also need to remember that Hughes has only been in charge since the beginning of the season which is four months, not four years! The new owners have only been involved since the end of September and we haven't even got to the end of December yet!

Chelsea had to build a team over a few seasons and we all know what they have gone on to achieve. It was never going to happen overnight at City and it WILL take time. With or without money, we haven't the greatest record against Blackburn and yes after the Hull result we expected better but I personally would have taken 4 points from 6 before a ball was kicked against Hull.

Lets get behind Sparky and the rest of the players until the end of the season. City fans crave success after years and years of disappointment but lets not get too carried away. SWP, Robinho and Kompany are three examples of Hughes' dealings in the transfer market so lets give him time to build a side that we can be proud of. A win against FC Copenhagen and we are in the last 16. Who would have thought that whilst 8-1 down at Boro, with or without Sven?

This club needs stability. We need to give a manager a fair crack of the whip. Allow him to spend the money in January and then judge his team, not one that has been inherited that has gone downhill since the turn of the year.

For what it's worth i thought Blackburn played just like fat Sams Bolton teams of old,and we all know how well they used to play against City.They worked hard,closed down our space and disrupted everything we tried to create in attack.add to that the physical stuff,Roberts gave poor Ned a nightmare of a game,City teams of old would have wilted after the second goal and probably went on to conceed another.

I don't come on here much now,but i do get the feeling that certain people have agenda against our manager and will always have a pop.

ten thousand posts and dont come on much!right ok..any i think hughes is starting to justify everything he`s been trying to do.ok weve taken a few steps backward but hopefully in the long run this will help the team move forward.
In hughes we trust!

uwe282828 said:
ten thousand posts and dont come on much!right ok..any i think hughes is starting to justify everything he`s been trying to do.ok weve taken a few steps backward but hopefully in the long run this will help the team move forward.
In hughes we trust!

I said i don't come om much nowadays.I have been a member for nearly 3 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.