College Football

buckshot

I've lost my taste for American football in the last 5 or 6 years but living in Central Pennsylvania makes it hard to ignore Penn State. They're about to kick off against Michigan and everybody I know is losing their mind. They're going to have 110,000 people in tiny State College to watch this and lose their minds. It looks like it would be a bit of fun.

Just watching it. The Whiteout looks incredible.

My son went to college in Pennsylvania and there was a Penn State campus in the same city. His first room-mate was at Penn State and sent me footage of a white-out against Ohio State, which is their needle match. Never seen anything like it.

Just watching it. The Whiteout looks incredible.

My son went to college in Pennsylvania and there was a Penn State campus in the same city. His first room-mate was at Penn State and sent me footage of a white-out against Ohio State, which is their needle match. Never seen anything like it.
Where did your son go?

College football is just so much better than NFL. Games move more quickly, plays are less conservative and predictable and the crowds are great. Been to 100,000k+ games at Alabama and Ohio State as well as several others with 70k+

I coached at Trinity College and we were twinning with Penn State right as the whole scandal came out. I even attended a lunch in Dallas in honour of Jerry Sandusky.

Dodged a major bullet by sheer luck that it hadn't been announced at the time.

I ended up walking away from the sport and retiring from coaching at 33 as the hypocrisy in the coaching community was turning my stomach. Far too many preach ethics and values only to be cheating behind the scenes or caught up in these kind of scandals.

Fabulous sport though and it is miles ahead of brand NFL.

Love the college games and always feels a lot faster than NFL. Went to a few Michigan games and there were 109,000 people there. Not looking like a good season for Michigan, Harbaugh could well be off soon by all accounts.

I coached at Trinity College and we were twinning with Penn State right as the whole scandal came out. I even attended a lunch in Dallas in honour of Jerry Sandusky.

Dodged a major bullet by sheer luck that it hadn't been announced at the time.

I ended up walking away from the sport and retiring from coaching at 33 as the hypocrisy in the coaching community was turning my stomach. Far too many preach ethics and values only to be cheating behind the scenes or caught up in these kind of scandals.

Fabulous sport though and it is miles ahead of brand NFL.
I was with a group of guys at an Orioles game back in the 90's and saw Sandusky just walking around. One of the guys was a Penn State alum and mentioned that he heard he had a thing for young boys. I can't even imagine how many people knew about it if a guy like that was talking about it more than ten years before the truth came out.

I was with a group of guys at an Orioles game back in the 90's and saw Sandusky just walking around. One of the guys was a Penn State alum and mentioned that he heard he had a thing for young boys. I can't even imagine how many people knew about it if a guy like that was talking about it more than ten years before the truth came out.

He gave a speech at the lunch I was at and it gives me chills looking back. “The one thing I’ll miss is the boys in the locker room” is exactly what he said. Hiding in plain sight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.