Colonoscopy

you don't have to if you don't want to. I didn't - I found it uncomfortable but really no worse than bad wind or a stomach ache - they said I was a brave soldier and gave me a lolly - I fear it may still be up there ha ha
They offer you sedation, i have had it done with and without didn't notice much difference to be honest, never any mention of being put to sleep though

How did you go mate ?

Got severe diverticular disease, large abcess and swelling of colon mate, have ct scan on Monday to see how much needs removed, could range from a little to have all removed and have a bag

Deep breathing as recommended by the consultant, works for endoscopy and cystoscopy too. Forget the sedation, It's all about relaxing. Flatulate, then take yourself off for a nice meal, you'll be Lee Marvin !

To be honest, I found the Moviprep procedure to be far more disagreeable than the tube doing a full trip around my colon.

Moviprep is the most disgusting thing that has passed my lips. That's from someone who has eaten dog food and school dinners in the 80s.

Got severe diverticular disease, large abcess and swelling of colon mate, have ct scan on Monday to see how much needs removed, could range from a little to have all removed and have a bag
Hope it works out for you mate. When I had my op I had 2/3rd my bowel removed and woke up with a bag. Hard to get your head around it at first but soon adapted to life with a bag which was better than being tied to a toilet. Had mine reversed 15 months later was in two minds as there were question marks as to whether it would be a success or not. Tbh I have my good and bad days and if I had to have a bag permanently I would not have minded.

Hope it works out for you mate. When I had my op I had 2/3rd my bowel removed and woke up with a bag. Hard to get your head around it at first but soon adapted to life with a bag which was better than being tied to a toilet. Had mine reversed 15 months later was in two minds as there were question marks as to whether it would be a success or not. Tbh I have my good and bad days and if I had to have a bag permanently I would not have minded.

Thanks mate I collapsed outside Stamford bridge near end of last season, just about to walk into ground and knew didn't feel well, basically my bowel had perforated, had emergency keyhole surgery that night but need another bigger op now

I'm 60 now but was first diagnosed with UC when I was 22. I tried everything known to man ( at that time), to no avail. It's amazing how many Charlatans are out there preying on your desperation.
At one time back in the way 80's there was a 'health' shop in the old Royal Exchange. I bought a book about Colitis because it was never really discussed with my doctors or the Consultants at the hospital. I didn't even know what I had. No one ever sat down and told me. I also bought a soft bristle brush with which I had to rub my stomach.
I went to see a Homeopathic guy i found somewhere in Wigan
He charged me a fortune and sold me some herbal medicine that tasted, and looked, like the contents of his lawn mower.I believed all this bollocks cos I was desperate.
So over the next 15 years I put up with it. Took the tablets, went from a high fibre diet as instructed, ( I know!), to virtually a junk food diet to bung myself up. I was the original shit machine. I got Wed in 1984 and I weighed 9 stone. I looked like I had aids.
Then in about 1997 someone suggested acupuncture. I just scoffed and said no way.
Anyway the guy did it as a free of charge to "see how it goes!"
3 sessions and it went, ok only into remission but the relief was incredible.
Since then I've had 2 flare ups, the last one being Jan this year.
I truly believe that stress plays a massive part in this desease. So I'm back in remission for now, since April. Anyone want to try the guy pm me. I couldn't recommend him any higher than I have.
As for Colonoscopy, must have had 5 or 6 and been awake every time. Never had or was offered any sedation...I would have taken it like a shot!

To be honest, I found the Moviprep procedure to be far more disagreeable than the tube doing a full trip around my colon.

Moviprep is the most disgusting thing that has passed my lips. That's from someone who has eaten dog food and school dinners in the 80s.

Moviprep was the worst part of the experience for me too. Didn't think the taste was that bad, but the result coming out of the other end was biblical.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.