Colonoscopy

Had one last year, couldn't believe what all the fuss was about, talked several friends into having them too. Free prostate exam at the same time

I’ve had 4 now, plus a sigmoidoscopy only last month. Nothing to worry about.
The worst part is having to take the bowel prep and staying close to a loo.

I had a bowel screening a couple of weeks ago. Found it a bit uncomfortable feeling the thing moving up and around, then they started lifting legs around and had me in all sorts of positions in an attempt to find daylight. I fucked it off after about 15 mins but they got far enough to find a couple of 2mm polyps which were snipped off and came back as clean. Didn’t fancy my arsehole being on tv so I skipped the entertainment package.

The sedative offered was some sort of happy gas which was trippy as fuck. There were 3 nurses in the room, one with the miners helmet lamp, one on the monitor looking for old bikes and shopping trolleys and one who holds your hand.

An odd experience but worthwhile imo and the nhs staff were top notch.

I had a bowel screening a couple of weeks ago. Found it a bit uncomfortable feeling the thing moving up and around, then they started lifting legs around and had me in all sorts of positions in an attempt to find daylight. I fucked it off after about 15 mins but they got far enough to find a couple of 2mm polyps which were snipped off and came back as clean. Didn’t fancy my arsehole being on tv so I skipped the entertainment package.

The sedative offered was some sort of happy gas which was trippy as fuck. There were 3 nurses in the room, one with the miners helmet lamp, one on the monitor looking for old bikes and shopping trolleys and one who holds your hand.

An odd experience but worthwhile imo and the nhs staff were top notch.
Nicely described ........

Lost count number I've had in last 2 years since bowel perforation outside Stamford bridge 2 years ago today. Had emergency surgery that night and been having them ever since. Worst bit is the prep I hate it, keep a book by toilet

I have had an average of 2 a year over the last 5 years due to pretty bad Crohns. Never had any bother and always had the sedation. Recently had an endoscopy without any sedation. What a mistake that was. If they offer you sedation, make sure you have it. The recent endoscopy was a thoroughly horrible experience.

I have had an average of 2 a year over the last 5 years due to pretty bad Crohns. Never had any bother and always had the sedation. Recently had an endoscopy without any sedation. What a mistake that was. If they offer you sedation, make sure you have it. The recent endoscopy was a thoroughly horrible experience.

You're quite right, had two, one without sedation and one with. The one without sedation was a dreadful experience and I'm 100% certain I have a sliding hernia now because of the pushing and pulling of the camera while conducting the endoscopy. No hernia was detected by this awful Doctor doing the procedure at the time but was a second time by a thoroughly decent professional doctor at Wythenshawe hospital, unlike my first experience.
Also have had a colonoscopy, that completely took it out of me, the gloopy liquid was yuk, having IBD, it was so tough to get down in the first instance. The camera bit was tender, even though sedated, but getting over it took about 3 days.
Later this month having a proctogram, not looking forward to that either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.