Combi Boiler Question

Might try get that fitted before next winter. Thanks.
As an aside, bled my radiators, is water supposed to come out or should it have been air then water? All bar one had water coming out straightaway even though they have cold spots on them. The odd one out is hot at the bottom but nothing seemed to be coming out when I tried bleeding it.

the one thats cold at the bottom and doesn't bleed water out when you open the bleed nipple sounds like its full of air which needs venting until water runs out - there seems to be a lot of air in your system - find out how its getting in there once things calm down.

the one thats cold at the bottom and doesn't bleed water out when you open the bleed nipple sounds like its full of air which needs venting until water runs out - there seems to be a lot of air in your system - find out how its getting in there once things calm down.

Will bleed that now then. Any ideas how air is getting in the system? What can cause this?

Will bleed that now then. Any ideas how air is getting in the system? What can cause this?

water leaking out. If its a pressurised system there should only be water in there - when water leaks out air gets in. We had the same over the past 12 months - couple of thermostatic valves decided to leak and you find you have to repressurise the boiler - if it keeps doing it you have a leak.

Might try get that fitted before next winter. Thanks.
As an aside, bled my radiators, is water supposed to come out or should it have been air then water? All bar one had water coming out straightaway even though they have cold spots on them. The odd one out is hot at the bottom but nothing seemed to be coming out when I tried bleeding it.
Depends on your type of system. You can have a sealed system for both combies and conventional types with stored water. It sounds like low or no presure if you have either. Top up to 1 bar and blead then repeat till you leave at 1 bar. However if that works and you blead loads it sound like you are loosing water. Leak. Or expansion vesel problem.vesel keeps presure low as water expands with heat. Check your blow off outside. If thats been dripping it may be iced up. If fully iced up then you loose an important safety feature. If its an open system. Blead with heating off and check your header tank (small) isnt froze or empty as cold mains to it may be froze. Rads hot at top cold at bottom indicate no air in rad anyway. That points to poor circulation or crap at bottom of rad. Or air lock in pipes. Check all valves visible pipes and under boiler for leaks. Look for stains on cealings. You may also have a design problem as the pump could suck air in through open vent. Would also happen if cold feed from tank to system is blocked..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.